Asset Specialist at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
The Global Asset Specialist supports an ongoing world-class asset management system. The role crucial to the capitalization, depreciation and decommissioning of our global material assets. This particular role will be responsible for tracking assets upon receipt and up until the point it is racked and installed at one of our global data centers. High attention to detail is required and exceptional collaboration and communication skills. The ability to prioritize based on ever-changing requirements is essential.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Maintain tracking of all assets for our various US and international facilities
- Learn and understand our Asset Tracking system to support DO’s growing demands
- Ensure data integrity of our asset database
- Experience with online systems related to purchasing and accounting audits.
- Generate automated and manual reports regarding steady state of infrastructure hardware and assorted technology
- Ability to evaluate processes and improve them to achieve increased productivity, quality and reduce costs.
- Work with various Infrastructure teams (Data Center, Networking, Platform) and Finance to ensure proper accountability and lifecycle management (from purchase to disposal)
- Liaison to the Finance team for timely reporting, Work in Progress reporting, including regularly scheduled audits of inventory within all facilities
- Define processes, workflows, and feature requirements to continually improve custom-developed inventory management tools
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years work experience in an asset and lifecycle management with a concentration of IT infrastructure
- Familiar with practices and techniques around managing municipal infrastructure assets and projects, as well as economic analysis (life-cycle costing, benefit/cost analysis, present value analysis)
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills in all areas of Receiving and Logistics
- The ability to manage multiple projects/tasks with differing deadlines
- Creation and on-going submittal of asset based reporting (by classification)
- As we grow; the ability to travel both nationally and internationally to our data centers as requested
- Bonus: experience with infrastructure equipment; deep knowledge of Excel; familiarity with SQL as well as asset management and discovery tools
- A Fun and engaging personality that gets along with people of all backgrounds, cultures and customs
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health and a monthly internet bill reimbursement and remote workstation program to make working from home as easy and comfortable as possible.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge, Palo Alto and Bangalore, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Infrastructure #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!