Director, Internal Audit at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are expanding our team and seek a hands-on, experienced Director of Internal Audit to help build and lead the internal audit function at Braze as we look to prepare the company for public readiness. You will be responsible for creating and deploying a risk-based audit plan to ensure effective internal control within the organization's control environment. As the Director of Internal Audit, you will be responsible for building out the internal audit discipline and function within a challenging, hands on environment.
We are open to this position being based in New York City, Chicago, or San Francisco.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee and own all internal audit functions of the organization by developing a risk-based audit plan addressing key business practices, financial processes and controls, operational areas, information technology, and related security activities.
- Review the audit plan with the senior management as well as the organization’s Audit Committee.
- Execute the annual audit plan and identify factors causing deficient internal control conditions and recommend, implement and monitor a course of action to improve controls, as well as prepare an internal audit report.
- Communicate results of various internal audit engagements and other activities, including any significant risk exposures and control issues, fraud risks, governance issues and other matters requiring attention to senior management and the Audit Committee.
- Collaborate and manage external audit teams and engagements as necessary.
- Complete internal audits on time by developing comprehensive testing and resource plans ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Lead Braze’s efforts to comply with Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act which would include developing an implementation plan, ensuring execution across the organization and facilitating the testing and operating effectiveness of our internal controls.
- Build positive relationships across management at all levels to effectively deliver audit solutions and contribute directly to business success.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related area
- CPA and CIA certification a must
- 7+ years relevant experience, including a mix of experience at a Big 4 accounting firm and internal auditing and/or internal control roles
- Software/SaaS or Technology industry experience with subscription and professional services revenue
- Solid understanding of internal control concepts and frameworks (COSO, COBIT, ITGC, SOX business processes) and prior experience creating and managing the end-to-end audit program process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management
- Strong leadership skills, high EQ, and proactive problem-solving approach
- Strong multi-tasking skills; organized and great attention to details
- Early stage company / pre IPO to post IPO a plus
- Experience using Workiva’s SOX compliance platform is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office (when we return to the office!), including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.