Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
Our mission is to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. We are accomplishing that mission by building an oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
Today, the Flatiron Health platform includes the industry-leading electronic medical record for oncology, a first-of-its-kind analytics tool, patient portal, and integrated billing management. Our goal is to help cancer centers and life science companies leverage real-world oncology data at a scale and clinical depth never before seen to advance cancer care and accelerate research.
The IT Operations team has an integral role in supporting our employee productivity through the various tools, applications, and hardware that we manage. This NYC based role will help ensure that our systems & infrastructure are reliable, optimal, and agile. In addition to overseeing those systems & infrastructure, you will develop and deploy tools that help optimize productivity.
As a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer you will:
- Be the IT Operations network engineer and admin managing all aspects of Flatiron’s office & cloud network. This includes firewalls, switches, and wireless infrastructure as well as managing routes and security groups in the IT Ops’ AWS infrastructure.
- Be the IT Operations Windows systems engineer and admin responsible for our domain, Active Directory, DNS, NPS, SCCM, and AD Certificate Authority
- Design, implement, and support IT technical initiatives like network and systems upgrades, centralized user management, device management, and more.
- Develop solutions to solve operational and user productivity issues via automation, adopting new solutions, or process improvements.
- Be proactive in performance & availability monitoring; investigate production alerts; and develop remediations for short and long term.
- Be responsible for on-call infrastructure duties.
- Develop disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Provide guidance and technical mentorship to our desktop support engineers.
- Ability to script & automate in Powershell is necessary.
- 4+ years experience configuring, upgrading, and maintaining network and systems infrastructure.
- Experience managing Active Directory domains and services.
- Experience managing a physical, cloud, or virtual server and network infrastructure. AWS experience is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of firewalls, routers, switches, wireless, and VPNs.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS.
- Intermediate to advanced BGP knowledge and working experience.
- Experience with an SSO solution such as Okta and/or ADFS.
- Can work with appropriate vendors to stand up a new physical environment: cabling, circuits, cross-connects, network and systems integrators, etc.
- Strong customer service, organizational, prioritization, multitasking, and communication skills.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information.