Technical Field Operations Specialist
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
More about the Job:
The Technical Field Operations Specialist is charged with helping restaurants determine what solutions they need, installing equipment, and educating restaurants about the proper use and configuration of our revolutionary hardware and software platform.
As a Technical Field Operations Specialist you will own the technical implementation and launch of these partners. You will collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements, install proper equipment, manage priorities for project completion, and coordinate each phase of the implementation. You will be hands-on in every stage, from designing solutions, to coordinating with engineering and product teams, to configuring systems, to testing and troubleshooting installations. This position requires a mix of technical and business acumen and is excellent for those who thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments, with skills in IT hardware, project management, cross-team coordination, and operations.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Take an “owner” approach - you’ll be responsible for keeping the deployment project on track, organized, and appropriately communicated internally and externally.
- Use your technical chops - You’ll be asked to configure and make recommendations to restaurant about groundbreaking restaurant technology.
- Switch from big picture to small details - You’ll be excited both to help restaurants to understand how to use their new in-restaurant technology and to dive into logs to troubleshoot a problem.
You Should Have
- You have outstanding communication skills - You’ll need to work with restaurants and internal engineering teams, and you’ll spend a lot of time in the field representing Grubhub to configure, install restaurant hardware, and troubleshoot issues.
- Be a fast learner - The hardware and software platform does a lot, and you’ll need to pick up all the ins and outs of the product in your first few weeks on the job, and retain all of that knowledge to help you with future projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical, Operations or Engineering related field
- Atleast 3+ years experience in hardware or technical operations position
- Experience with hardware setup and maintenance is required
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and solve complex hardware issues in simple and efficient manner
- Ability to provide excellent customer service skills
- Travel will be required locally roughly 25% of the time
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.