Associate Product Manager
Honest Buildings is seeking a dynamic Associate Product Manager who thrives in a fast paced environment to join our team. The ideal candidate will be an analytically minded, organized project manager, with outstanding communication skills who is passionate about getting things done and developing a world class product for our clients.
The Associate Product Manager will be responsible for executing on the product vision, supporting team deliverables, and conducting regular analysis on industry and site usage to identify opportunities within the market. Buildings are an incredibly important sector that affect the way we all live, work, and play and have a huge impact on the natural environment. This is a unique opportunity to help build a product that’s having a huge impact on the way the commercial real estate industry operates.
Manage the process of delivering great products:
- Own small projects from conception through to delivery including but not limited to, creating spec docs, conducting QA tests, participating in scrum ceremonies, and helping write release notes
- Assist in creating a launch plan for releasing new products to customers
- Ensure quality features are shipped by conducting thorough testing and review
- Conduct detailed analyses on whether the new product worked, and what we should do next
- Assist in prioritizing and triaging issue backlog
- In conjunction with the product team, assist in the creation of a product roadmap
Serve as the communication backbone of the company:
- Communicate new product releases to internal stakeholders and customers
- Participate in periodic meetings with the sales, marketing, and customer success teams to discuss new features
- Work collaboratively with engineers and designers to build and release great products
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working in technology.
- Highly organized. Able to balance multiple deliverables at any point in time.
- Detail oriented. Everything is documented, because the small stuff matters.
- Self-starter, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, drive change through influence and collaborate effectively with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Project management expertise and ability to get things done. You need to be able to get team-based projects over the finish line.
- Highly articulate and persuasive. Able to converse with many different types of people including engineers, designers, salespeople, customer success team members, and customers.
- Analytical mindset. Fluency with numbers (especially messy ones that don’t give you all the info you need) and ability to use this data to help inform decision making.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Comprehensive insurance options
- Commuter Benefits
- Be a serious player in a market that is massively larger than others you may know ($4.5Tn in CRE vs. $1.5Tn in E-Commerce, $100Bn's in Transportation)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Free Lunch Fridays, catered every week
- An open, sunny workspace with great views
- Strong office culture
- Happy hours, parties, and quarterly off-sites--Great office culture!
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER WORKING AT HONEST BUILDINGS?
- You get to work with a group of 80+ talented teammates with backgrounds from Tishman Speyer, McKinsey, Urban Compass, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Doberman, Equinox, Warby Parker, ChartBeat, CoStar, Cornell and Columbia. We're only 80 people today but we're on the precipice of a big expansion. Come be a part of helping to shape it!
- We've raised more than $47 million from top investors, including Thrive Capital and global real estate owners.
- We have lots of fun and have great startup perks, but we’re playing to win.
- You'll be tasked with great responsibility and make a huge difference.
- You’ll get to work on a fascinating problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy. Real estate / construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by the onslaught of technological change and is ripe for disruption. We're using data science and a thoughtful top-down enterprise network strategy to do it.
- You will have an opportunity to work closely with the owners and developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day. All from New York City, the capital of the global real estate industry