Spruce is the platform enabling modern real estate transactions. We work with forward thinking mortgage lenders, real estate companies and investors, and we believe the future of real estate will be driven by automation, efficiency and digital experiences, and we provide the products and services necessary to make that happen.
As an Associate Product Manager at Spruce, you will work closely with the Senior Product Managers to gain an understanding of the product roadmap and the features in the pipeline. Equipped with this understanding and a learned knowledge of the Spruce offering, you will support the Product, Design, and Engineering teams with feature research, sprint management, story writing, feature QA, environment management, and feature deploys. You will be integral in ensuring the product team is delivering consistent value to our customers as well as our internal stakeholder teams. You will develop a deep-seated knowledge of the iterative product development process, grow to understand how to implement processes, and refine your stakeholder management skills by supporting the product team.
You are a learner and problem-solver that is continually thinking about how to make things better - processes, features, relationships...all of it. You are an excellent communicator that is not afraid to ask questions in order to ensure you are on the right track and to get the job done. You are hungry to learn and excited to equip yourself for a career in product management. You are a self-starter that has the ability to see through the small stuff in order to achieve the greater goal.
You will be integral in influencing team culture and the product development team at Spruce. You will report to the VP of Product with day to day work articulated by Senior Product Managers.
What you'll do
- Become an expert in Jira and Confluence, deeply understanding the product development processes and manage documentation for all users
- Own the product portion of the release management process managing documentation, the release calendar, release standard adherence and the release feedback loop
- Take over the feature request and bug reporting processes looking to constantly improve response time to the business
- Own product analytics reporting and insight extraction that allow for more efficient reporting on feature impact and streamline consistent internal business reporting
- Support PMs with requirement gathering, story creation, QA, release sign off, and release communication
- Collaborate with engineering to understand technical implementation complexities and identify challenges for the purposes of focused and efficient testing
- Work to understand the product roadmap, the prioritization process and the reasons for what the product team is currently focused on
- Support the product managers to document the collection of feedback from design, engineering, and business stakeholders
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
What we're looking for
- You love the details and thrive on seeing how excellent execution helps Spruce solve challenging problems in a complicated and evolving real estate tech industry
- You adapt well to change and the fast paced nature of a startup environment; You see change as a place where opportunity grows
- You’re a superb collaborator and communicator; You are outgoing and inquisitive
- You are resourceful but not afraid to ask questions about things you don’t know or understand
- You are a relentless self starter that is constantly prioritizing your work; You understand that a fast paced atmosphere means things change quickly and have the ability to distill what that means for your work and how it should be done
- You flourish in fast-paced and ambiguous environments, and are always willing to roll-up your sleeves to help the team
- Bonus for experience using SQL or other data tools to aggregate data and compile data analytics
We are proud of the team we’re building. We're committed to equal opportunity employment -- and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make Spruce better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.
Read Full Job Description