Audience Development Strategist & Editor, Newsletters at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a newsletter strategist and editor who can contribute to the editorial and business operations of BuzzFeed-owned brands.
The ideal candidate will be expected to develop a clear and consistent brand voice for BuzzFeed-owned branded newsletters as well as execute on acquisition and revenue growth strategies.
- Manage email operations for BuzzFeed-owned newsletters, including execution of sponsored packages and project management of various newsletter initiatives in the pipeline
- Follow newsletter team’s best practices and meet our editorial standards by tailoring brand voice and messaging to fit various targeted newsletter personas
- Work cross-functionally to increase revenue across BuzzFeed-owned branded newsletters through ideation, vendor management, and other strategic initiatives
- Minimum of two to three years of experience working in any of the following: digital media, content strategy & copywriting, audience development, newsletters, and / or programmatic sales
- Ability to copywrite and tailor messaging, in an entertaining and descriptive way, that’s authentic to the voice of BuzzFeed-owned brands
- Comfort with numbers, plus ability to leverage data to deduce trends, make recommendations, and lead insight-driven growth
- Previous experience with affiliate and / or Sailthru is a big plus!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.