Data Scientist, Product
We’re looking for Product Data Scientists who are passionate about generating actionable insights to drive decisions across the business. You will enjoy working with cutting edge technology and the ability to see your insights applied to real products on a regular basis.
You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product or business. In approaching new problems, you demonstrate sharp critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, data fluency, and a collaborative work ethic. These roles are within the greater Strategy department and report to the Product Analytics team lead in New York.
Depending on your area of focus, challenges you may tackle in a typical day include:
- What experiences should we design and test to evaluate lift in key business metrics from product offering, pricing and core design changes?
- Who are our customers in terms of usage behavior segments? How should differences in how customers engage with our platform influence Squarespace’s product development roadmap?
- How should we evaluate success of new product launches? What information should we regularly communicate to keep a pulse on the growth of the company?
- Empower data-driven decision-making across the org by defining analytical frameworks to guide key business decisions; develop and maintain dashboards to provide visibility into relevant metrics
- Surface insights from proprietary user, product, and marketing data; communicate and work closely with product teams to implement compelling recommendations
- Formulate innovative hypotheses; and design and implement A/B tests to evaluate and launch features based on them
- Work hand in hand with product teams to help drive product strategy
- Utilize cutting-edge technical techniques to further the org’s understanding of consumer behavior
- Continuously get better - seek out opportunities to further develop your analytical, communication, statistical, etc. toolkits
- 3+ years of work experience in management consulting, investment banking, product management, or in an analytical role in a technology company.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Comfort and expertise communicating effectively with a wide-range of audiences
- Strong ability to devise data-driven solutions to business problems
- Comfort working on open-ended problems with limited guidance
- Strong competency with SQL; Additional competency with Python preferred
- Strong data intuition and ability to apply statistical concepts to quick moving initiatives
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 700 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.