About the role...
On the Policygenius Product team, we're focused on building out a world-class product organization; we hire the best and brightest, give people as much scope as they can handle, and glorify shipping and impact. As Director of Product, you’ll balance both problem-solving and process, the strategic and the tactical, and bring a deep understanding of the interplay between design, engineering, and business to develop products that delight consumers and deliver business impact.
Working closely with leadership across the business, you will develop and own the vision for our product strategy that drives channel growth and manage the product teams responsible for delivering on this vision. You’ll directly be responsible for:
- Managing the Organic growth and monetization team that is responsible for working with our content and SEO team to deliver on our organic growth and monetization strategy
- Building a new team that will be focused on delivering products that allow us to better serve our growing third-party distribution arm
- Building a new team that will work with our marketing, content, and partnerships teams to deliver product innovations that drive cost-efficient growth
This role reports directly to our Founder and Chief Product Officer.
In this role, you will…
- Create a clear and compelling medium and long-term vision and strategy for the area of the product you own
- Lead a team of high-performing product managers to develop a roadmap to realize the vision
- Partner with your product team in both discovery and delivery to ensure we ship elegant and intuitive features that solve customer problems and deliver business impact
- Produce high-quality analysis on the business impact of your product area and report out to both senior leadership and the board
- Work with stakeholders across engineering, design and business functions to ensure the cross-functional teams are delivering impact for both customers and business
- Elevate the productivity and performance of your team through mentorship and coaching
- Champion processes and initiatives that make the product organization better
- Work with our Chief Product Officer to hire for your team and other areas of the product organization
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 10+ years experience building web products, including B2C experience
- You have 3+ years experience building and leading product teams
- You have a history of successfully recruiting and performance-managing product teams; demonstrated skill developing and managing people while preparing them for future roles, setting performance expectations, and instilling a values-based team culture
- You have a strong understanding of current product best-practice (informed by product leaders like Marty Cagan) and opinions on where product is going next
- You have an ability to work cross-functionally across departments to prioritize and build products that delight customers, and deliver on company goals
- You have a strong analytical orientation with a focus on data-driven analytics and the ability to measure business impact
- You have insightful problem-solving skills and the ability to balance the strategic with the tactical
- You have a sense of urgency and the ability to achieve impact in a fast-paced environment
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!