Director of Product, Collector Experience
The art market is the last major consumer marketplace to come online and, with over $30B in commercial inventory, Artsy is the first global platform where virtually all the world’s major galleries, museums, fairs, and auction houses have listed inventory–from Sotheby’s contemporary sales to ancient relics in The Met’s permanent collection. 70% of our partners are internationally based and our average transaction distance is over 3,000 miles, the highest of any platform on the Internet.
As Director of Product at Artsy , you will craft the product strategy to bring more art lovers to Artsy and create the best discovery and buying experience for them. You will lead a team of product managers responsible for the entire collector experience across all platforms, and play a key role in crafting and enhancing our approach to product development at Artsy.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including design, engineering, analytics, marketing, and business to establish shared vision
- Work closely with each product team to develop, prioritize, and execute on product strategy and roadmap
- Integrate quantitative and qualitative research into product development to identify opportunities
- Define, measure, and communicate goals and success metrics for each team and initiative
- Mentor and grow a team of talented product managers
- Iterate on team processes to guide focused, impactful, collaborative, and iterative product development
- Play active role in shaping Artsy’s product culture
- 10+ years of product management experience with a successful track record of building user- and data-driven products at a consumer-facing technology company; previous experience in global marketplaces is a plus
- 3+ years of experience leading and coaching a team of product managers
- Strong customer empathy, strategic intuition, and communication skills
- Proficiency in user research, quantitative methods and analysis, funnel optimization, A/B testing, and experimentation
- Comfort working collaboratively in a fast paced environment and proven ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects with bias towards action
- Ability to create an environment with openness, trust, and support by leading through example
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.