Director of Product Management, IT/Technical Operations
Our product management team is looking for an experienced product leader who is excited about defining a technology experience that enables Flatiron to improve cancer care. The successful candidate will own the technical roadmap for improving the architecture, scalability, performance, and reliability of our cloud infrastructure, crafting a developer experience that defines how Flatiron Engineers continue to innovate and scale. This job requires a sharp analytical mind, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for taking on some of the most complex challenges of our time.
- Own aligning our business strategy and metrics with our product development efforts and leading our TechOps teams from design through successful rollout.
- Lead scrums for a broad range of talented colleagues, including software developers, site reliability engineers (SRE), and system engineers to build products that ensure the reliability of products we provide to improve cancer care across the country
- Manage and drive software projects with high technical risk and high coordination complexity.
- Create detailed road maps, prioritize relentlessly, and communicate trade-offs internally.
- Identify and fix process gaps around execution, roll-out, and ongoing support of software projects.
- Communicate and evangelize the value of technical infrastructure to the business stakeholders.
- Substantial experience in a product management or similar role in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong project management skills and excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong understanding of software projects’ development, roll-out, and support risks
- Strong technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience as a software engineer, SRE, or IT operations.
- BA/BS in computer science
- Past experience with creating and scaling technical infrastructure.