Director, Product Operations at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking an experienced, globally-focused Director of Product Operations to lead Product Operations at Braze. You will work closely with Design, Product and Go-To Market teams to improve the Braze product development and launch process. You will support the product management function and ensure operational excellence across the PM team. You’ll be Braze’s first product ops hire so you’ll define the team’s vision, mission and initial focus areas.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build out the Product Operations function at Braze
- Craft a clear vision for the systems that are needed to scale product management at Braze
- Execute on this vision, initially via hands-on execution and subsequently by building a Product Operations team
- Remove obstacles from evidence-based decision making
- Collaborate with BI and User Research to build consistent processes for gathering and surfacing data to inform product decisions
- Provide data-driven insights that serve as key inputs in our decision making
- Co-create and operationalize consistent metrics frameworks across the Product team
- Build reusable processes for leveraging data across teams
- Own vision, strategy, and overall management of systems to accelerate growth
- Automate internal and external communication processes
- Lead the development, rollout, and iteration of our product development process across the product team
- Design and operationalize a concise and thorough process for launching new products. Partner with Product, Product Marketing, and Sales Enablement to document, build communication frameworks, and lead training to build a consistent and low-drama product release process.
- Build collaboration between cross-functional teams and leadership
- Help set up or streamline departmental processes for roadmapping & planning (e.g., OKRs and annual planning)
- Manage strategic cross-team projects
- Facilitate the aggregation of product feedback from key stakeholders
- Use tools (we currently use ProductBoard)
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 4+ years of experience in Product Operations, Product Management, Consulting, or Program Management. A wide range of experience will be considered, with commensurate adjustments to title.
- Experience leading a team or department.
- You have strong communication, collaboration, organization, and persuasion skills.
- You have a proactive, positive, can-do attitude. You drive projects to completion and are always looking for new ways that processes can be improved.
- You have an eagerness to learn and grow.
- You love helping the people around you do their best work.
- 2+ years of experience in Product Operations is highly preferred
- Experience working in the growth or marketing automation industry
- Experience at a high-growth, high-scale technology startup
- SaaS experience at a B2B company
- Expertise in common Product Management tools (Jira, ProductBoard, ProdPad, Looker, Pendo, Amplitude)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.