Director, Strategic Advisory at Simon Data
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that champions these core values we would love to hear from you.
Simon Data is seeking a Director of Strategic Advisory who will be responsible for developing and delivering a productized offering of strategic services covering the breadth lifecycle marketing and its related ecosystem of processes, technologies, and organizational requirements. Success in this role means deploying our accumulated knowledge and services that embed Simon’s technology and capabilities into our clients’ short, medium, and long-term business and marketing strategies.
As the Director of Strategic Advisory, you will serve as a trusted advisor to senior level executives (CROs, VPs/SVPs, GMs) as well as teams that span several functions within our clients’ organizations. Accordingly, you will have the full support of the Simon organization across Simon’s leadership team, data scientists, and technical account managers.
What You’ll Do
- Establish and lead all aspects of an offering of strategic services and thought leadership around lifecycle marketing
- Develop and lead scalable delivery infrastructure for strategic services
- Facilitate cross-pollination of best practices across client base
- Develop and maintain a library of marketing tips, tricks and presentations
- Collaborate with Simon account managers to find opportunities to upsell accounts based on deployment of strategic services
- Coordinate with sales, product, and data science to inform evolution of strategic service offering
- Nurture deep, trusted-advisor relationships with senior decision makers and influencers across the client base
- Support account executives across the sales cycle to demonstrate the value of Simon’s strategic services' offering to prospects
- 10+ years of professional experience
- 6+ years experience working with customers at a digital marketing research, agency, or consulting firm
- Bonus: 5+ years management consulting experience without an MBA or 2+ years management consulting experience post-MBA
- Subject matter expertise in digital marketing best practices
- Deep experience in management best practice research
- Excellent communication & presentation skills; both written and verbal
- Collaborative style when working across teams
- Ability to understand and navigate complicated organizations
- Experience working with, and managing, senior client leaders
- Ability to understand strategic business problems and map to potential solutions
- Analytical - comfortable navigating data and technology systems
- Unwavering focus on driving solution development
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.