Medicare Advantage Product and Strategy Director at Oscar Health
Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human.
We are changing how health insurance works by creating a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space - and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to deliver on our promise and seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
In this role, you will play an essential role in launching our Medicare Advantage business. You will be responsible for plan design and plan strategy as well as driving the cross-functional bid process. You will join our Medicare Advantage team and report directly to the General Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of growth at Oscar, helping enable our innovative model reach new members.
What is the position?
- Develop & design our MA plans
- Design MA plans that attract & retain members (plan design, benefits, premiums, other product features)
- Work collaboratively with our Clinical, Actuarial, Finance, Compliance, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Network teams
- Develop plan materials accurately and timely (SBCs, PBT, etc)
- Develop, refine & implement our MA plan strategy
- Help identify our 2021/22 expansion markets
- Support Network on network design & development
- Collaborate with Clinical & Product on the overall strategy
- Run the bid development process
- Ensure accurate & timely submission of the bid
- Organize a collaborative process involving the above listed teams
- Build & maintain a MA competitive insights database
- Develop a deep understanding of our MA members & collaborate with our Marketing team on generating consumer insights
Who are you?
- You have Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- You have 7+ years of work experience in MA plan design & bid management, ideally additional experience in MA strategy
- You are a critical thinker who can distill complex concepts and regulatory requirements into guidance for other teams
- You are a very strong conceptual thinker with a propensity for numbers & an analytical approach
- You enjoy collaborating with others and people like working with you
- You are an expert in managing unwieldy processes and fast iteration
- You have experience in and enjoy managing large projects
- You get things done, even if it’s crunch time
- You have passion for healthcare and a knack for making things more systematic
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.