Principal Product Manager, Advertising Exchange at Yieldmo
Who We Are
Yieldmo is an advertising technology company that operates a smart exchange that differentiates and enhances the value of ad inventory for buyers and sellers. As a leader in contextual analytics, real time technology, and digital formats, we create, measure, model, and optimize campaigns for unmatched scale and performance. By understanding how each unique impression behaves and looking for patterns and performance in real time, we can drive real performance gains without relying on audience data.
What We Need
Yieldmo is looking for an expert in the programmatic space with deep knowledge about Ad Exchanges, SSPs, DSPs, RTB, PMPs, Deal Types, Optimization, Ad Serving, Massive Scale systems, high scale tracking tags, and with deep personal knowledge of, and a strong professional network in, the advertising technology ecosystem. The person hired for this role will be responsible for ensuring that Yieldmo is making the right decisions about investments in our core advertising exchange infrastructure. You will be responsible for an exchange infrastructure supporting massive scale globally across all channels including Desktop, Mobile, CTV and other devices, and all formats including Video, Display, Native and Rich Formats. You will be responsible for prioritizing investments in new channels and formats, as well as ensuring excellence in process and approach.
Who We Are Looking For
These are directional examples designed to illustrate the kind of person we want, not requirements for the position:
- You not only know the RTB 3.0 Spec, and the difference between 2.5 and 3.0, you have strong opinions about specific aspects of it, enough to passionately debate over coffee about them with a colleague or peer.
- You not only know all the common deal types that are supported in PMPs across the ecosystem, you have strong opinions about how best to use them, and have come up with new ways to create PMPs and drive their adoption across companies.
- You not only have a lot of connections across the industry, you easily could reach out to a peer at any number of companies to run an idea past them and get their detailed input.
- You not only could make a case why we should (or shouldn’t) add support for Audio advertising (just as an example), but you can back that up with hard numbers and examples, and even have an opinion about whether Podcasts should also be supported.
- You not only know the difference between the approaches of prebid integrations and bid decoration, you could rattle off several reasons why one is superior to the other in various scenarios.
This high profile role will define how we can enter new markets, hone our differentiation strategy, and execute on getting new capabilities built.
You will be an end-to-end product owner, from concept → execution → rollout, and you’ll work with stakeholders and customers to develop our go-to-market plans.
- Own the exchange infrastructure: the overall vision, the execution, and the narrative you’ll need to motivate teams.
- Secure buy-in on go-to-market strategy and product differentiation approaches
- Effectively balance feature work across your own roadmap with those of your peers and colleagues needing support of the exchange infrastructure team to launch their features
- Define requirements for new technology and work with numerous stakeholders and cross-functional engineering teams to successfully build and launch your features
- Design and manage beta programs for new test partners, and ride along for early partner implementations. Your products are your baby, and you are their #1 evangelist -- client pitches, marketing content, operations best practices. Whatever it takes.
- Manage forward progress on product initiatives across engineering and business teams, partnering with dev manager to ensure effective requirements documentation, review checkpoints, and success measurement/monitoring
- Make an effective case for resources and lead trade-off discussions with product and engineering leaders on where we should be investing and why.
- Define & track measurable product KPIs against company objectives
- Rigorously evaluate opportunities and present a strong, data backed point of view on a recommended path forward
- Deeply technical product leader with a track record of successful, high profile product launches from concepts to mature offerings
- Strong knowledge of the programmatic ad-tech ecosystem, and direct experience at an Exchange, SSP, DSP and/or ad server
- Can help break down seemingly large undertakings into smaller deliverables with paths to further investment
- Excel at the forest AND the trees: Excellent ability to communicate the big picture of a product initiative as well as create granular documentation, think through edge cases and common engineering concerns
- Naturally possess nuanced, proactive communication and relationship building skills with stakeholders & across teams
- Comfortable navigating diverse projects and sprints across different engineering teams
- An excellent sense for product impact (both quantitative and qualitative) and how to prioritize.
- 8+ years of previous product ownership experience
Nice to Haves
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree in computer science, economics or mathematics or equivalent experience
- Background in auction design or theory
- Participation in or leadership of an industry trade committee or working group
- White glove service to help you upgrade your home office
- 1 Mental Escape (ME) day each month to fully unplug and recharge
- Work life balance, flexible PTO and competitive compensation packages
- A generous learning stipend and other opportunities for professional development