Product at Policygenius...
On the Policygenius Product team, we're focused on building out a world-class product organization; we hire the best and brightest, give people as much scope as they can handle, and glorify shipping and impact.
We’re looking for an experienced Principal Product Manager to drive growth for one of our largest products, our Life Insurance marketplace, and help more people get the financial protection they need and feel good about it. Even though we’ve already helped over 30 million shoppers get coverage and placed over $60B in coverage, we’ve only scratched the surface of the opportunity. You’ll be responsible for getting us to the next level in terms of both user growth and monetization.
In this role, you will…
- Create a clear and compelling medium and long-term vision for growth for the product you own and develop a roadmap to realize that vision
- Partner closely with our Data Science team to use data to discover insights, justify investments, rapidly experiment, and assess impact
- Be a key leader in driving our monetization strategy and working to continuously optimize it
- Keep a pulse on broader product trends and have opinions about how to apply them to Pg’s products
- Get your hands dirty and drive the product development process for your product from ideation to launch to impact analysis, collaborating with many teams along the way
- Partner closely with the Marketing, Operations, and Data teams to refine how we position our product in the market, optimize spend across channels, and discover new opportunity spaces
- Contribute to upskilling the teams and our process to improve the impact that the product organization has
- Define OKRs, track progress and measure the impact of your team’s efforts against business goals
- Be a positive contributor to the Product team at large, e.g., help foster an environment of continuous learning, mentor team members, etc.
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- 6+ years experience building consumer-facing products (esp.growth-focused roles or marketplaces) with clear, demonstrable results
- A growth mindset -- you live and breathe experimentation, data analysis, and ruthlessly focus on impact
- A strong understanding of current product best-practice and opinions on where product is going next
- A strong track record of growing products you’ve worked on, both in terms of usage as well as user affinity
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across teams to prioritize and build products that delight customers and deliver on company goals
- A strong analytical orientation -- a focus on data driven decision making and the ability to measure success
- A solid design and technical understanding such that you can engage with your counterparts in collaborative and productive manner
- A sense of urgency and the ability to achieve impact in a fast-paced environment
- A STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degree (preferred)
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!