Product Design Lead at Paxful
Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Working alongside our Director, UX, the Sr. Product Manager, Design will be charged with developing and expanding Paxful’s design strategy. You will lead the team’s design strategy from concept to completion to help deliver an exceptional user experience. Paxful’s team embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, collaboration, and the Sr. Product Manager, Design will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Work as a strategic partner with leadership in Product Management to define the overall strategy and vision
- Define our design strategy, shape how our products look and feel, by enabling and empower our teams to deliver exceptional user experiences
- Work closely with the team to help develop and expand our design systems
- Lead teams from concept to completion (wireframes, product design, user-interface and interaction design, visual design, storytelling, and prototyping)
- Help build processes for design delivery across multiple product development teams
Who You Are
- You’re a strong leader and a team player
- You are a strategic, critical thinker, and have strong creative direction skills
- You bring a deep empathy for the user. You have expert knowledge of the end-to-end iterative product design process and bring deep experience driving and applying these processes in your leadership
What We’re Looking For
- 8+ years of design experience with a focus on Mobile and Web interfaces.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills—the ability to work with Design Leads and mentor other Designers
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- The ability to work collaboratively
- Proficiency with common digital design tools (Figma, Sketch), and prototyping tools (Principle, Figma, Framer, etc)
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful's COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.