Product Designer at Vise
Vise is an investment management platform built for financial advisors. Founded in 2016, Vise gives advisors the tools and technology they need to grow their business and help clients achieve their goals. By empowering advisors, Vise advances its mission of creating financial freedom for everyone. Vise is backed by Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Bond Capital and Ribbit Capital, and recently completed a Series C funding round. Come join us!
Our office is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until September 30, 2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees.
The goal of product design at Vise is to be advisor-obsessed, identify and advocate for solving critical customer problems, discover strategy-driving insights, and build advisor empathy across the company. Our product designers take a product from ideation to production. This includes identifying the problem, designing solutions that scale, prototyping, bringing along cross-functional teams, overseeing implementation, and collaborating with other designers, researchers, product managers, analysts, and engineers. You will partner closely with product managers, engineering, UX research and sales and drive the continued evolution of our design culture.
What you will own
- Your own design process, from end to end
- Partnering closely with engineering, product, and business teams to define problems & goals, research requirements, map user flows, prototype, and launch new products
- Defining design strategy, advocate for user needs, and contribute to the evolution of our design system
- Research and testing from concepts to usability
- Maintaining the standard for Design @ Vise, from culture, to process, to quality
What you will bring on Day 1
- 3+ years of Product Design experience with a track record of launching amazing products
- Experience applying research, usability tests, and metrics to inform design decisions
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, and in particular adept in explaining your design decisions
- Well-formed opinions about design patterns and best practices, UX and UI design
- Experience with design software (ideally Figma)
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback, along with humility and a deep appreciation of feedback
- A hunger to change investment management for the better
- Experience as a researcher supporting early stage, zero to one products
- Experience with the financial services industry
- Experience mentoring or training others on user research and product design
- Degree in human behavior related fields including HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Anthropology
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.