JW Player is looking for a creative, driven, and forward-thinking individual with excellent interpersonal skills to join our Design Team in our New York office. As a Product Designer on our team, you will work collaboratively to deliver high quality user interface design for our various products. You will help us drive our business forward by leading the visual execution and user experience for all customer touch points.
Our ownership culture allows you to manage your own timelines while you innovate and manage our products, all while being a part of the fastest growing tech industry out there -- the online video space. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the next-generation of AI-enabled Data Science products for our platform.
- Collaborate and envision with the product managers of the video player to deliver high quality video experiences through user experience and interface design
- Work with developers to quickly iterate on existing features
- Execute on visual and interaction design that scale across desktop and mobile devices
- Prototype and collaborate with product managers to user test new designs
- Craft experiences that make complex products and features intuitive to our customers and drive greater engagement
- Ensure a high level of quality and brand consistency across all JW Player products and websites
- Collaborate with design teammates to define style patterns, refine processes and develop best practices for design at JW Player.
- 3+ years of user interface design working within product development workflows
- Exceptional design aesthetic, clean design, ability to leverage data to inform design decisions and overall awareness of design trends and innovation in the video industry.
- Manage and deliver multiple projects while adapting to shifting priorities
- Self starter and collaborative contributor to the Design team.
- Experience with responsive design and UI/UX best practices
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects or Motion Graphic creatives
- Strong understanding of HTML, CSS, CSS3 and SVG Animations
- Portfolio showcasing wireframes, user flows and realized design projects
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.