Product Designer at Curalate
Curalate is looking for a Product Designer to join our team of product experts & engineers to build out the future of visual commerce. You’ll gather complex needs from across the company, take ownership over core features and iterative improvements, and help determine our product strategy.
Our designers are passionate about user research & design systems. You’ll collaborate closely with our founders to evangelize a product vision based on research, data analysis, and product intuition. You’ll balance shipping innovative products with iterative processes for existing clients.Responsibilities:
- Bring the needs of the user to life within Curalate’s web and mobile platforms
- Solve Problems based on user research, while balancing necessary business objectives
- Identify, investigate, and validate opportunities to craft & ship smart design solutions
- Excellent track record of shipping features in the social or ecommerce space
- Ability to design flows & experiences that are simple, sharp, and innovative
- You collaborate well with other product experts and engineers and can contribute to the shared roadmap of a cross-functional team
- You know when to advocate for a usability win, even when it’s more difficult to achieve technically
- People enjoy working with you, and you bring out the best in your team - you understand technical constraints, knowing how to find alternate solutions, and can collaboratively work to define the roadmap for the product
- You sit at the intersection of product and engineering - give and solicit feedback from other designers and product stakeholders in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- You illustrate clear user stories and validate your assumptions and hypotheses through experimentation, testing, and research - with extreme attention to detail.
- 4+ years of experience in product design, UX/UI Design, or a related field
- Proven track record in the creation of interaction models, user flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
- Driven user research initiatives & conducted testing interviews
- Proficiency with Sketch, Invision, etc. (You decide how to communicate your ideas - The tools shouldn’t handcuff you.)
- Experience designing native mobile (iOS or Android) platforms
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS (Bonus: JS). While we don’t expect designers to write code, familiarity is important. Sharing a common language with our engineers is key.