Product Development Manager at Knotel
Working on the Geometry team, the Product Development Manager will establish scalable processes to run an effective sourcing team. S/he/they will work directly with our Head of Design Strategy and alongside the General Manager of Geometry while helping to rapidly scale operations and define an effective sourcing strategy for Knotel’s Geometry Furniture Subscription Service.
What You’ll Do
- Own the product development process and successful roll-out of proprietary and direct-to-manufacture products for the Geometry Subscription Line
- In partnership with Head of Design Strategy, you will effectively translate creative direction and distill sourcing requirements to industrial design partners
- Collaborate with vendors to maintain and implement safety and testing standards for product development globally, including localized market requirements and risk assessment.
- Provide management of all manufacturing partnerships by standardizing vendor contracts, prioritizing speed to market, and leveraging long term unit economics across all Geometry products.
- Develop a refurbishment program to increase the useful life of products and ensure long term durability
- Work collaboratively with internal & external team members to refine forecasting models and stocking thresholds with our 3PL providers
- Oversee the development and maintenance of Geometry’s product specification database for design and sales marketing
- Optimize lead times and reduce costs through creative vendor relationships and sourcing strategies
Who You Are
You are a natural problem-solver with a bias towards action and exceptionally high standards for organizing your work. You possess a high-level of ownership, accountability, and initiative. You pick up new skills quickly and have an exceptional attention to detail with demonstrated experience in working with a team in a fast-paced environment, coordinating logistics, and/or balancing multiple projects and timelines. You also have the following:
- 10+ years, or equivalent experience, in FF&E sourcing function, contract negotiation, logistics and supplier relations
- Experience managing vendors, placing purchase orders, and/or reviewing vendor contracts
- Experience working directly with directors of accounts payable and comptroller
- Strong verbal and written communication required to liaise with manufacturing vendors to manage timelines and partnership expectations
- Solid foundation of business intelligence and best financial practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize effectively
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace platform that matches, tailors and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 5 million square feet across 200 locations in four continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where people of any race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law can do their best work and fly their flag. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives further outlined here.