Product Manager, Analytics
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
At Policygenius, we apply a rigorous data-driven approach to solving problems. Analytics is not just a buzzword but a tangible and proven way to measure performance and conduct experiments to improve all aspects of our business.
As the Product Manager focused on analytics, this role will be responsible for driving product improvements through deep data analysis. Get ready to get your hands dirty with data! This role will be responsible for taking our current analytical processes and tools to the next level. Working cross-functionally, you will drive insights into action to transform the insurance industry!
- Own key aspects of the product roadmap to drive continuous improvement
- Develop ideas for new features for more customer engagement and higher conversion
- Become our internal subject-matter-expert on Product Analytics to support and develop the Product team
- Define and monitor success metrics
- Provide in-depth analyses across Marketing, Product, and Design to understand customer behavior and conversion
- Design, execute, and analyze AB experiments to test hypotheses
- Carry out ad hoc data analyses from data acquisition to insights
- Research and implement leading practices in product analytics to expand our analysis capabilities
- A strong track record (5+ years) as Product Manager and/or Product Analyst driving digital / online product improvements for end customers; experience with mobile apps is a plus
- Tangible experience analyzing online product performance with clear, quantifiable results
- Experience in product analytics platforms, e.g. MixPanel, Amplitude, Segment, Heap or similar tools
- Firm understanding of AB testing methodology, statistics fundamentals, and related tools/techniques
- Fluency in SQL with experience in data visualization in Tableau or similar tools
- The ability to work across departments to build products that delight customers and deliver business impact
- A strong analytical mindset, driven by curiosity with a focus on data-driven analytics and the ability to measure success
- Comfort and desire to take the wheel and tackle complex, ambiguous problems
- The ability to synthesize, visualize and communicate ideas to stakeholders across different functions and levels
- STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degree preferred; background in computer science / software engineering a plus
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)