Product Manager - Applications at OnDeck
Innovation, collaboration, and success: at OnDeck, We Make It Happen. We’ve changed the way small businesses access financing. With the spirit of a fintech start-up and the stability of a larger organization, OnDeck helps customers achieve their ambitions while leading in the small business lending space. We operate with a one team mindset, supporting each other and celebrating our wins together. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, inclusive environment where you can make an impact on our customers and business, OnDeck could be the place for you.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager of Application Experience, your best work will result in building out capabilities for our application to unlock groundbreaking features and products for Small Business Owners.
As a Product Manager at OnDeck on the Applications Product Team, you will:
- Partner with the Product Lead to define, own and execute the strategy for OnDeck’s multi-channel application experience.
- Build the product roadmap and be accountable for driving meaningful impacts to the bottom line via new and innovative application experience improvement strategies.
- Be responsible for on-going development, enhancements and overall management of current and future initiatives. Responsible for on-going business monitoring of delivered initiatives.
- Partner with agile teams to deliver innovative features and functionality, ensure the teams have a healthy backlog and be the voice of customer in the room for the agile team.
- Responsible for building business cases, working with tech to estimate size, elaborate scope and requirements, clarify detailed design and sign off on built features before launching them.
- Manage a diverse set of stakeholders across sales, operations, client servicing, risk, legal and other product managers. Communicate key decision points, product launches and results to stakeholders.
- User-centric mindset and drive to deliver the best possible solutions for your customers.
- Experience managing one or more agile pods as the product manager/product owner. Fluent in Agile routines and conversant with Agile ceremonies
- Experience designing and defining APIs and working with technology and architecture teams to define all use cases APIs must meet the needs of.
- Experience designing and addressing needs of internal backend banking and processing systems to define and improve platforms.
- Experience partnering and building strong relationships with Technology to test, build, launch and grow transformative Financial platforms.
- 3+ years of work experience, including Product Management experience.
- Strong communication skills across stakeholders, technologists, data scientists, and senior management.
- Data-driven approach to understanding user behavior and discovering and evaluating product opportunities (Basic SQL and Excel skills to access and analyze data and build business cases).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Experience following test and learn frameworks to drive product evolution.
- Define KPIs to continuously monitor and improve the platform and value it unlocks for the organization.
- Experience working with financial/lending products
- Experience working with remote stakeholders/teams
- Experience working on large technical products and technology migrations
- FinTech experience
- Computer Science/Technical degree is not required but background in a computational or engineering related field is a plus.
OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $12 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, and general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 100,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise.
Click here for a glimpse inside our offices
At OnDeck, it’s We Before Me. We support each other and we love seeing people succeed. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Flexible Paid Time Off; Paid Sick Days; Paid Holidays; Paid Birthday
- Comprehensive Healthcare (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance)
- Wellness Subsidy and Mental Health Coaches
- Voluntary Auto/Home/Pet Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement; Flexible Working Arrangements
- 401k Matching, Loan Consolidation, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave and Sabbaticals
- Affinity Groups and Volunteer Events
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- TalentDesk’s Best Large Companies for Computer Science Jobs in Arlington, Virginia: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Customer Service Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Quality Assurance Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**