Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development to reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about creating products that millions of developers will love.
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and motivated self-starter to lead product within our Compute products team. Looking for someone with cloud computing domain knowledge, especially with hands-on experience launching and supporting large/distributed cloud compute products and services. As a Technical Product Manager you will build products and features to drive Compute product initiatives while improving operational and capital expenditure.
You will get to work with a team of high-energy and dedicated product managers, designers, and engineers to impact the lives of developers by simplifying innovation for them. This role is a great opportunity for experienced Product Managers with expertise in IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS who want to have a real impact, both within the company and in the developer community at large, and launch products that are used and loved by thousands of developers worldwide.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop the technical strategy and vision and translate it into creative, high quality, simple features.
- Define performance criteria across the suite of products and features.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and drive improvements across operational and capital expenditure.
- Develop business cases and model unit economics for products and features.
- Act as a technical thought leader in the development process, cross-team collaboration, and prioritizing and grooming the product backlog.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to translate Product Investments into technical investments for the core engineering teams.
- Create and drive internal as well as external community engagement plans.
- Ability to collaborate and lead a matrixed cross-functional Product Development team
- Hands-on, proven experience, and domain knowledge in the cloud computing space, preferably building and delivering compute products & services.
- Ability to analyze data and articulate user hypotheses in terms of objective measures, and project KPI impact of new features
- An understanding of the challenges that developers face when selecting an infrastructure platform, and a vision for how great products can help
- Technical knowledge to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product and advocate for a customer base made up of professional developers
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to drive productive meetings, create effective and useful product documents
- Deep understanding of cloud computing infrastructure, virtualization stacks, operating systems, networking, and container technologies
- Experience with large-scale, highly available, and performant distributed systems is a plus
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This position may be done in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Department: Product #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Product team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!