Product Manager: Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about helping developers build and deploy real world applications.
We are looking for a passionate, results oriented, and motivated self-starter to develop and innovate on providing a Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) to our developer customers. Reporting to the VP of Product initially, the Product Manager will lead a matrixed cross-functional team including Product Design, Product Engineering and Cloud Engineering to develop new products and capabilities for DigitalOcean.
The reward? You will get to work with a team of high-energy and dedicated product managers, designers and engineers to impact the lives of developers by simplifying innovation for them. This role is a great opportunity for experienced Product Managers with expertise in IaaS, PaaS, SaaS or B2B Software development who want to have a real impact, both within the company and in the developer community at large, and launch products that are used and loved by thousands of developers worldwide. In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop the roadmap for DBaaS products like MySQL, PostgreSQL & Redis and vision and translate it into creative, high quality, simple features.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and create user stories.
- Develop business cases and model unit economics for new products and features.
- Act as Product Owner in the development process, creating epics and user stories, and prioritizing and grooming the product backlog.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Create the product positioning and go-to-market plans.
- Enable the sales team with product training and collateral.
- Create and drive a community engagement plan.
- Previous product management experience, having participated in the product development cycle
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and learn new technologies.
- Experience creating developer-focused products, such as Databases, tools, or platforms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with B2C product management is a plus.
- Experience talking with developers in their own language to come to the best solution from the beginning (hobby or professional coding experience in any language is a plus).
- Past success in shaping software products with an eye on ease-of-use.
- Successfully managed a complex technical product.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Product #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Product team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!