We are looking for a Product Manager to be a part of the founding team of an exciting new business initiative at Teachable!
Teachable is best known for its platform that allows Creators monetize their knowledge while owning their brand, customer relationship, and revenue stream. To supplement our core offering, we are experimenting with ways to further help our Creators to generate more demand. We recently launched Discover by Teachable and are now looking to build a proper team to take this experiment to the next level.
Our Product Managers work in cross-functional product engineering pods with a Product Designer and engineers. The PM’s core contribution to the pod is making sure it makes great decisions. They are the primary conduit of insight pertaining to the creation of customer value and capturing it into revenue. As a member of a pod, the PM’s job is to do whatever is necessary to advance the pod’s mission, both tactically and strategically.
The ideal candidate is a very entrepreneurial Product Manager that is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and bust through whatever obstacle faces the team. We treat this mission as a new startup incubated within Teachable, so the candidate should be ready to operate in the early stage mindset where new discoveries might change the game at any given point. This position is very well suited for a Product Manager that is scrappy and gets stuff done, while being conscious of trade-offs made.
They need to have a broad understanding of marketplace dynamics, affiliate marketing, and general eCommerce.
This position will report directly into the GM of Discover
- Collaborates with a cross-functional founding team to navigate towards product market fit
- Ensures the team is well informed, makes good decisions, and generally is equipped to execute on its mission to its best capacity
- Handles most of the day-to-day communications outside the team—with stakeholders, other pods, and other internal collaborators
- Learns everything there is to know about our customers’ problems and opportunities through a diverse set of methodologies
- Keeps the whole organization, including the leadership team informed about the team’s strategy to execute on its mission and how the created customer value is ultimately monetized
- Facilitates standard Agile ceremonies in the role of Product Owner, and ensures operational best practices together with other team leads
- Demonstrable expertise in Product Management in products across eCommerce, marketplace or affiliate marketing.
- Very strong communication skills across different media from verbal to written
- Experience in startup (pre-product market fit) or growth stage companies ($10M-$100M annual revenue) strongly preferred
- Good awareness of the digital marketing / entrepreneurship tooling landscape
- Entrepreneurial background a huge plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that empowers course creators to build and sell courses on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than $555 million to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.