We are looking for a Product Manager to dedicate their cognitive powers on helping our customers manage their identities (accounts, authentication, authorization) on Teachable, and to connect Teachable to other tools out there more seamlessly.
Our Product Managers work in cross-functional product pods with a Product Designer and engineers. The PM’s core contribution to the pod is making sure it makes great decisions. They are the primary conduit of insight pertaining to the creation of customer value and capturing it into revenue. As a member of a pod, the PM’s job is to do whatever is necessary to advance the pod’s mission, both tactically and strategically.
The ideal candidate is technical in terms of understanding the complexities of interconnected systems. They don’t run away from terms like OAuth, SSO, Webhooks, or REST when they are mentioned. They understand what tools like Zapier, Apigee, Tray.io, or Swagger do—but their core strengths lie in making these useful for the customer and communicating fluently across functional lines about them.
They understand the modern digital entrepreneur, and the tools one would use to run an end-to-end digital business. They might even have first-hand experience in running a business, even a side-hustle.
- Collaborates with the other two pod leads (Product Designer & Engineering Lead) to coordinate pod’s operations and priorities
- Ensures the pod they work in is well informed, makes good decisions, and generally is equipped to execute on its mission to its best capacity
- Handles most of the day-to-day communications outside the pod—with stakeholders, other pods, and other internal collaborators
- Aligns the pod’s strategy to the overall Teachable product strategy, and the strategies of other pods
- Learns everything there is to know about our customers’ problems and opportunities through a diverse set of methodologies
- Keeps the whole organization informed about the pod’s strategy to execute on its mission and how the created customer value is ultimately monetized
- Facilitates standard Agile ceremonies in the role of Product Owner, and ensures operational best practices together with other pod leads
- Demonstrable expertise in Product Management in more technical B2B platform products, preferably ones where the primary user persona is a developer
- Very strong communication skills across different media from verbal to written
- Experience in growth stage companies ($10M-$100M annual revenue) strongly preferred
- Good awareness of the digital marketing / entrepreneurship tooling landscape
- Entrepreneurial background a huge plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that empowers course creators to build and sell courses on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than $555 million to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.