Product Manager, Merchandise Systems at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
At Rent the Runway, we are designing and building a next generation merchandising platform. Our inventory and the way we merchandise it powers the limitless closet, enables RtR to be an integral part of the way that our customer gets dressed every day, and is our biggest differentiator. Our merchandising systems enable customers to discover the best and most relevant inventory.
The systems we build power every aspect of the inventory lifecycle. This includes determining what and how much to buy, managing the purchase of inventory, processing new receipts, publishing new listings, and ensuring that RtR optimizes our inventory.
About the Role:
As a Merchandising Systems Product Manager, you will build workflows to improve and scale processes for our inventory by leveraging technology. You will partner very closely with engineers, product designers, business stakeholders (buying team, fashion operations, site merchandisers, photo studio/production team, warehouse operations), data science/analytics, third party vendors & designer partners to optimize and scale our business.
What You’ll Do:
- Own your product roadmap to create experiences that delight and empower our internal users, prioritize based on learnings, make tradeoffs and take acceptable risks to innovate & learn.
- Lead cross-functional teams through the agile development process from conception, discovery, testing, UX design, development, through to launch & scale.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of your users - learn their motivations and goals - to provide product requirements that bring clarity and focus to complex problems.
- Define, monitor and measure launched products to leverage a tight learning loop to continually inform the product development process.
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, and products to continually identify ways to improve the user experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree.
- 3+ years of product management experience, ideally in merchandising, e-commerce, supply chain or inventory planning related domain.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to our international office in Galway, Ireland!
- You thrive in change. You are entrepreneurial in spirit with a passion for disruption.
- You are constantly learning. You are flexible and able to adjust and change direction as you learn.
- You love complex domains. You are comfortable and energized by uncharted problems.
- You are a builder. You are excited about creating new products to deliver significant business impact.
- You are analytical. You can turn data into actionable insights.
- You get it done. You have an ability to make things happen around you.
- You love to test & learn. You leverage a test & learn approach to validate assumptions and mitigate risk.
- You communicate well. From engineers to executives, you know how to talk AND how to listen in remote & in-person environments.
- You are technical. You are familiar with SQL, comfortable working with engineers day-to-day and able to participate in technical discussions.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!