Product Manager, Web & Marketing
Greater NYC Area
Motivate is looking to add a bright and curious Product Manager with a strong product sense and verbal and written communication to the Digital Products team. The Digital Products team is part of the larger Motivate product organization and is responsible for building the best rider experience for our users as well as for growth efforts to bring our services to more users in each city we operate in.
Motivate is North America’s leading bike share firm, operating systems in 8 cities including New York, Chicago, and Washington D.C. Since being acquired in 2014 by a group of investors, including the CEOs of The Related Companies and Equinox, it has successfully undertaken multi-year, major expansions in both New York and Chicago, and launched Nike’s BIKETOWN in Portland. After integrating with 8D Technologies in early 2017, Motivate has also been building its in-house product portfolio, beginning with the Motivate bike. We have been working closely with vendors--themselves some of the leading names in bike share--to co-develop products including new docking mechanisms, eBikes and Smart Bikes.
Led by a group of seasoned urban visionaries, creative leaders and technology innovators, our mission is to revolutionize the landscape of our cities. In an effort to completely transform the urban experience, Motivate is leading the way in making cities more accessible, healthier and sustainable. We create safe and dependable systems that help make cities great by connecting individuals to the people and places they love.
About the Position
The Product Manager, Web & Marketing, will be a critical member of the team and work closely with internal stakeholders on rolling out product features for all bike share systems that we support as well work on marketing systems required for growth. They will require strong analytical and problem solving skills, a bias for continuous improvement, and an interest in helping the business grow.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative product features for the web and marketing.
- Build the product roadmap to ensure the successful implementation of strategic and tactical business objectives.
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of product featuresIntegrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
- Understand Motivate’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- 2+ years product management or product analytics experience.
- Experience in designing user interfaces.
- Experience in creating examples through wireframes and mock-ups.
- Self-motivated to dig in to learn about products, technology, customers, and competitors.
- Comfortable working with engineers and designers on a daily basis and executing in a fast paced environments.
- Love of bike share and/or biking
- Past media experience
Read Full Job Description