At Namely, we are building the best all-in-one suite of HR SaaS products for mid-sized companies. Our Product organization drives the strategy, design, and development of that suite of products. And we want your help.
We know that this role looks different across different organizations. At Namely, Product Managers are involved as leaders in every step of the product development process. They perform client calls, design, and spec features, determine short and long-term roadmap, work with leadership on strategy, prioritize engineering work, execute the development of product features, and drive adoption.
You will work closely with our partners in Design to create compelling and delightful user experiences. You will lead and inspire multiple, cross-functional Engineering teams. You will work across Sales, Marketing, Operations, and more to roll out key products.
We are looking for someone to step into this role who can drive business decisions, work closely with leadership, and communicate empathetically with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work across multiple teams of engineers in an agile environment to formulate and execute the product roadmap, which includes features across our HRIS platform.
- Effectively prioritize engineering work by accounting for the level of effort, impact, and other features
- Understand user requirements, anticipate customer needs, and identify product gaps
- Work across Operations, Sales, Marketing, and other departments to facilitate product rollouts
- Write product requirements with clear acceptance criteria
- Proactively gather feedback from stakeholders (e.g. clients, sales, support, etc) and perform market research
- Be an advocate for the user throughout the product development cycle
- Use metrics and quantitative analysis to measure product benefits, gain insights, find opportunities, and build consensus on product direction and roadmap
- Engage with Leadership to steer company strategy
- 2 years of relevant experience in a high tech startup, preferably in the B2B SaaS space
- Experience shipping customer-facing features/applications
- Knowledge of Integration concepts and the ability to participate in engineering tradeoff discussions
- Strong Analytical skills, including the ability to derive insights from data sets, analyze product usage, measure adoption, and understand client needs
- Experience crafting product requirements and specifications
- Understanding of UI/UX design concepts and principles
- Effective communication skills, creativity in problem-solving, empathy for internal and external customers
- Self-direction, drive and leadership
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in the HR/Payroll/Benefits industry
- Computer Science degree or equivalent technical experience
- Experience working in a startup environment
Namely Company Culture Highlights
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEO 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Culture 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Places to Work in New York 2021
- Product Department is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Overall Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/namely
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.