Product Manager at Simon Data
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that champions these core values we would love to hear from you.The Role
As a Product Manager at Simon Data you will guide our suite of data and marketing products from targeted problem, through idea and implementation, to delivery and success. You will be responsible for researching use cases, articulating the market opportunity, and communicating a clear connection to value for our customers. This position is a fit for you if you bring focus and tenacity to solving problems, obsess about user experience, and take ownership in guiding the creation of products. This position requires a desire to be close to clients and evangelize how Simon’s capabilities can transform their business.
In this role, your typical day might include leading a conversation with clients to understand their business problems and educate them about the value of Simon’s platform, collaborating with members of the engineering team to guide the development of a new product feature, using SQL and data analysis tools to explore data, and presenting the results of an analysis to the executive team.
You are the right person for this role if you are a skilled communicator; love to work closely with clients, engineers, and executive leadership; can translate the technical language used in creating predictive products to highlight the value for the end user; and are adept at handling multiple responsibilities. If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you!What You’ll Do
- Work closely with customers to understand pain points and use cases
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop a product vision and incremental improvements
- Take ownership of products throughout the development lifecycle to ensure success
- Manage trade-offs and make decisions about product priorities given business goals and resource limitations
- Define and lead product initiatives that tackle important problems for our clients, help them achieve their business goals, and drive increased value through the platform
- Define a path to delivery that includes identifying blockers, dependencies, and risk factors across engineering, design, sales, and customer success
- Communicate project progress across the company to key stakeholders
- Build internal documentation, support material, and marketing collateral around product specifications and capabilities
- Provide product education both internally and externally
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams to ensure client success
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- 4+ years product management experience
- Experience in the B2B / SaaS market; experience in MarTech is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- CS / engineering degree, or other relevant technical training is a plus
- Familiar with agile development principles
- Must feel comfortable (and enjoy!) working with data: high degree of proficiency with Excel, proficient with SQL, and computer science principles
- Excellent communication skills. Be comfortable talking with customers, partners, and executives, both in-person and remote. Write clearly and succinctly. Listen well.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.