About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As Manager, Product Operations at Grubhub, you will be responsible for developing and delivering processes and procedures across a broad swath of initiatives for Grubhub’s product and design organization. You will collaborate across the organization with Senior Leadership and critical business stakeholders, and be responsible for the evolution and optimization of Grubhub’s product and design planning process. You will develop and own the product roadmapping, goal setting, communication, and prioritization process. This highly-visible role will use their experience in project management methodologies to drive the planning and execution of work across our Product and Design teams while connecting and providing transparency to our business partners across the organization. You will report directly into the Chief Product Officer for the Grubhub organization.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Establish key performance metrics for the product organizations and develop long term strategies and processes to improve them
- Help drive a cohesive product roadmap process and strategy across multiple product organizations
- Own the development and communication framework of the overall product roadmap and develop the process to keep it up to date and accurate
- Coordinate and track cross initiative projects. Foster an environment of collaboration, partnership, customer focus, quality, excellence, urgency, accountability, continuous improvement, and innovation.
- Lead the development and execution of “lean” processes to support improvements to our current product development process. Example of this include developing common product launch procedures, a common product brief, new PM and designer onboarding processes and ongoing training.
- Develop and facilitate the go-to market process for all launches.
- Be a true “servant-leader” and support the team’s efforts to identify, communicate, and resolve interdependencies, risks, and issues. Help teams manage and resolve conflicts.
- Collaborate with the product and design leadership to understand existing bottlenecks and develop new programs and processes to address
- Own the KPI and KEI goal setting process for the and track attainment of goals
- Foster a positive culture of diverse collaboration and fun through leading efforts around team building, celebrating wins, running retrospectives, and implementing action plans to help teams operate efficiently and with purpose.
- Maintain effective communication with senior management to keep them aware of critical issues and develop action plans for addressing issues and removing roadblocks.
You Should Have
- 5 + years of experience as a Program, Project, Product, or Operations leader within a technology or e-commerce organization.
- Must be a solutions enabler that can understand business requirements and work with subject matter experts and stakeholders to arrive at solutions.
- Collaborative: You will need to work with a diverse set of product and design leaders to understand key issues, develop solutions and roll them out successfully.
- Enthusiastic: You’ll need an optimistic, charismatic and outgoing personality in order to lead by influencing others and you’ll be a key part of making our workplace fun and energetic.
- Adaptable: You’ll have the ability to dynamically adapt to shifts in priorities and projects, resolving contention and solving problems across technology and our business partners.
- Transparent: Your management style must be honest, transparent and authentic and you need the ability to build relationships and trust quickly.
- Critical thinking: You must be able to ensure that the programs and processes we release will positively impact our business and not be afraid to be a voice of reason something is not working.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.