Senior Director, Brand Planning at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Senior Director, Brand Planning uses industry knowledge to provide key insights and strategic recommendations for positioning The Trade Desk’s brand, business, and products. He or she will collaborate with TTD staff to develop positioning and brand messaging, as well as strategic and tactical marketing communications contact plans.
This position will be responsible for providing input throughout the creative development process to confirm that all deliverables are “on brand”. He or she will help define key performance indicators and measurement for programs TTD delivers. This will ensure that strategies and tactics delivered against goals and objectives and provide positive returns.
He or she will also monitor the success of the programs to demonstrate customer value as well as to ensure that the strategy adapts to important market changes.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop brand strategies, write creative briefs, guide development and presentation of the creative work
- Lead design and implementation of research projects to address business issues, gain insight into target audiences and testing ad concepts
- Responsible for award entry submissions (Effie, Cannes, etc.)
- 10+ years of experience in at least one aspect of strategic or brand planning or related field
- Bachelor’s degree
- B2B and technology experience are a plus
- Familiarity with most forms of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and working knowledge of when and how to apply them to a given client challenge
- Ability to interface directly with internal partners and develop relationships accordingly on behalf of the agency
- Proven talent for abstract thinking, spotting trends and patterns, an innate curiosity and insight into human behavior, an instinct for popular culture, and a nuanced understanding of creative work are critical
- The ability to work across diverse groups and disciplines is key to success. Judgment in pushing the work, elevating the ambition of a brand, and leading the client’s thinking about the potential of their business are also key.
- Consistent track record of collaborating with creatives/account/business in driving brand strategy
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.