Squarespace is looking for product leaders to build products that help people with creative ideas succeed. We believe the next generation of business will compete by building outstanding brands and connecting directly with their customers: our suite of tools help them do that.
We are hiring a Senior Director of Operations, Product who will lead a new team to support the Product organization to build and promote product best practices. This person will report directly to the CPO (Chief Product Officer) and be a trusted thought and execution partner for a wide range of strategic/operational issues and special projects, considering the needs of the whole organization.
As Senior Director of Operations, Product, you will lead the development, training and implementation of our operating model for scalable execution at Squarespace. You will lead the operational and planning rhythm to ensure the entire Product organization executes on our strategy with clear roles, responsibilities and results.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Codify processes around the product life cycle, working and partnering with Product Managers, Design, Data, and Engineering
- Structure a rhythm of operation and planning reviews, across multiple products and departments with different levels and outcomes
- Facilitate a culture of product excellence and accountability by rigorously set and measure operational goals that support data-driven decisions
- Research and share information on the latest product management best practices
- Guide business operations and planning for the Product Leadership Team including interfacing closely with partner organizations (e.g. finance, HR) to develop and maintain key projects
- Establish and run the operational schedule of the organization (e.g., Product All Hands, Q&As, career level updates, performance/compensation cycles)
- 7+ years of product and/or program management experience planning and delivery within a tech enabled environment, 3+ years management experience
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to post-implementation customer support and customer adoption
- Experience bringing together teams within a product oriented technology company
- Measure project and operational performance to promote improved delivery performance
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.