Senior Product Manager, Ad Products
As a Senior Product Manager on JW Player’s Ad Products team, you will own the success of a suite of advertising products that enable both our Publishers and Partners to monetize inventory and help advertisers run successful ad campaigns. You will drive new product lines and unlock new customer profiles integral to our continued growth.
In addition to owning existing products, including Video Player Bidding, Outstream Player, and Video Ad Targeting, you will identify and create new products. You will work alongside your product team members, business strategists, designers, engineers, and data scientists to influence how the advertising ecosystem works to help our customers succeed.
In this role, you will:
- Help define a product vision and roadmap for the current advertising product suite (Video Player Bidding, Outstream Player, Video Ad Targeting)
- Analyze the industry, our customers, and the market to identify and drive the creation of new ad products
- Develop a deep understanding of and evangelize the impact and value of your products’ capabilities and feature set
- Define, monitor, and report to the executive team on the effectiveness of your products
- Lead internal trainings to promote operational efficiency and customer success for your product
- Research and analyze customer asks, customer data, market trends, and the competition to help drive prioritization, product decisioning and opportunities in the video ad delivery space
- Work with multiple stakeholders, both internal (sales, marketing, product, engineering, etc) and external (customers, partners) to gather and prioritize product/feature requirements
- Review and write product requirements & functional specifications to communicate and guide product development.
- Set and share goals with engineering partners and prioritize features, improvements, and bugs within the product backlog; participate in recurring scrum ceremonies
- Lead the planning, execution, and success of each product that goes to market
- 8+ years of product management or related experience with advertising-related products
- Passionate about the ad tech industry and the ownership of the success of ad products
- Motivated, self starter with a proven track record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Experience with the agile product process from the product management perspective, either as a product manager/owner or as a product-managing engineer
- Familiarity with JS, CSS, HTML
- Experience with working with one or more of the following companies and technologies: Demand Side Platforms (DSP), Sell Side Platforms (SSP), Ad Exchanges, Ad Networks, Ad Verification Companies, Data Management Platforms, Data Providers
- Experience with online video playback technology
- Experience with ad operations
- Experience with reporting and implementation dashboards and workflows
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.