We're looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career. This is a new role for a newly formed team focused on building managed cloud services that will serve all our engineers at Flatiron across all business lines. It’s a great opportunity for a technical product manager looking to build from the ground up and help shape what managed services means at Flatiron
What You'll Do
The successful candidate will help us accomplish the Tech Ops team mission of accelerating our ability to learn from the experience of every patient by scaling teams’ ability to deliver value that our customers can trust. Our cloud architecture and provisioning products are critical to provide engineering teams at Flatiron the ability to frictionlessly build, provision and operate secure and reliable environments, from customer-facing production environments to internal, temporary dev sandboxes. In addition, you'll also:
- Lead a team of SWE, SRE, and security engineers to build a vision and roadmap for cloud architecture and provisioning at Flatiron. You will own the delivery of cloud platforms that enable engineering teams to deploy and operate secure and reliable products
- Manage and drive software projects with high technical risk and high coordination complexity
- Create detailed roadmaps, prioritize, and communicate trade-offs internally
- Work closely with Flatiron engineers, SREs and security engineers to gather product feedback and requirements
- Collaborate closely with Release Engineering product manager and team to maintain a seamless deployment experience
- Communicate and evangelize the capabilities and value of Flatiron’s cloud capabilities to business stakeholders
Who You Are
You're a product manager or software engineer with at least 4 years of experience in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have BA/BS degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- You have strong project management skills and excellent organizational and communication skills
- You have a strong understanding of software projects’ development, roll-out, and support risks
- You have strong technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks
- A willingness to dive deep into the subject matter and become a cloud architecture expert
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.