Senior Product Manager, Connected TV at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better, more open Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising.
Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. By working together across typical dividing lines, we are better as a team than any of us could be apart.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine consistently ranks The Trade Desk among best small-medium sized workplaces globally.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for driven Senior-level Product Managers who learn fast, who are humble and value teamwork; who are hungry and believe they can make our customers world a much better place. The ideal candidate will be technical, data driven, creative, business savvy and love elegant user experience. They will be growth oriented and able to strive for product-market fit with their teams.
The kind of person who joins The Trade Desk Product Team is fearless, courageous, passionate and willing to dream big and then execute on it. We are committed to helping you grow, challenging you with hard, meaningful work and celebrating our successes and failures together. Yes, we do fail at times because we believe risk is part of making big bets. So we take the risks and learn from them. We also value strong leadership, asking our PMs to take on large, ambitious and
often ambiguous projects that can help extend out lead in the industry.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
We are continually working to expand the reach of our advertisers. In this role you will help us tap into a new market opportunities, grow existing channels and generally help us to meet the demands of a market leader. We are a global company, so wherever you work the investments impact our community of partners and customers worldwide. You will work with several team members across disciplines and build relationships with customers who sell inventory and who buy it.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
· 4+ years of Product Management experience
· Passion -- your work matters. Your features matter. You care and give your all.
· Grit -- sometimes solutions take creative thinking and multiple iterations. You try many different approaches the right answer.
· Collaborative -- the best PMs are not necessarily those with the best ideas, but those that
ensure the right thing gets done.
· Selfless -- Product Management is about making sure the best work gets done by the team, and making sure they share in the credit.
· Empathy -- As a PM you are the voice of the customer and need to represent them from a position of deep understanding.
· Entrepreneur -- as a PM you need to get out there and convince others of your ideas
· Excellent communication/presentation skills both in large and small groups.
· A sustained track record of making significant, self-directed, and end-to-end contributions to large and impactful software projects in a Senior Product Manager role
· Ability to solve complex, technical problems with creative solutions while managing tradeoffs
· Strong interest in what computing can do -- a passion for technology and how to apply that to problems of massive scale
· Background in software development and Adtech is preferred.
· Knowledge of TV advertising is a plus.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.