Senior Product Manager, Infrastructure at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for driven Senior-level Product Managers who can learn, convince, prototype, build, measure, and refine the next generation of highly scalable platform for our Infrastructure team. This team builds, operates and manages the databases and DCs that support millions of Internet users and serves billions of advertising queries every day, all delivered within milliseconds. The ideal candidate will be technical, driven, think creatively, and has great collaboration and communication skills.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a technical product manager within the Infrastructure team, you will be building key components of the platform that focus on operational excellence, performance, reliability and scalability. In this role –
- You will be working with cross-organizational teams to define strategy and requirements for building, securing, deploying and managing our SQL & non-SQL databases at massive scale, leading from design through delivery.
- You will lead capacity planning initiatives that focus on database performance and scalability in both physical & cloud-based deployments. Our functional applications handle over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale.
- You will balance business needs with the vision to deliver cutting edge infrastructure to prioritize strategic projects that impact both company & organizational KPIs.
- You will identify new product opportunities, identify gaps and influence investment decisions to continue scaling our ad tech infrastructure at a rapid rate.
- You will help establish technical standards, identify risks/opportunities in technical strategies and architecture as well as drive efficient engineering practices.
- Your work will directly support & advocate our tenets to build measurable, efficient, scalable, extensible and compliant infrastructure.
You can imagine the future, understand where we need to go, and articulate it to the rest of your team. While your execution focus is on the work in front of you, your planning focus is on the months, quarters, and years ahead to make sure we’re steering the ship in a good direction.
You can pick out what's important from the noise. In a sea of opportunity, you zero in on what should be a priority and drive towards the work that will deliver the best results.
You hold yourself to a high standard of excellence and care deeply about the work you deliver. You're willing to champion your ideas, even in the face of adversity.
We want self-aware people who can engage in a healthy exchange of ideas but understand that people always come first. We want someone we can celebrate our successes with, lament our losses, and that pushes us to always keep an unrelenting focus on our customers.
You've got a nose for what a good product is versus a mediocre or bad one. You have opinions about how products should look, behave, and feel, and can articulate where something isn't meeting your quality bar and why.
We are only as good as the impact we make. You think about the value you're delivering, rather than just the work you're doing. You know that shipping is crucial, and your customers have a right to expect the best from you. You have a track record of successfully delivering products and technical solutions with strong outcomes for your customers.
Being data-driven is at the core of our company's DNA. Digging deep into data and numbers is a comfortable place for you, and you've demonstrated an understanding of what insights will have the largest impact to an organization.
You're not the one building things, but you absolutely have to understand how they work. You're comfortable ramping up on new technology and can have meaningful discussions about implementation trade-offs with developers.
- 4+ years of Product Management experience or equivalent.
- 2+ years of product management experience building scalable data infrastructure in SQL/Aerospike/ Cassandra technologies is highly desired.
- A sustained track record of making significant, self-directed, and end-to-end contributions to large and impactful software projects in a Senior Product Manager role
- Excellent communication/presentation skills both in large and small groups.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.