Senior Product Manager, IQ Programmatic Advanced
Senior Product Manager, Programmatic Reporting
Location: New York City
Reporting Relationship: Director, DV Pinnacle
DoubleVerify is the recognized market innovator with the technology and tools that accurately authenticate the quality of digital media and drive ad performance for the world's largest brands. DV provides media transparency and accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
The Senior Product Manager, Programmatic Reporting will own the development of new functionality and services for DoubleVerify’s programmatic and platform reporting interface and analytics tools.
The person in this highly visible role will have oversight into DoubleVerify’s analytics and administrative interfaces used by external programmatic and platform clients. The position demands an in-depth understanding of the ad-serving ecosystem, with particular emphasis on the programmatic landscape and leading demand- and supply-side platforms, exchanges, trading desks, and ad networks. The candidate should be knowledgeable on latest ad-serving practices, tracking methods & implementations, as well as various attribution models across display, video, & mobile channels. Most important, s/he must have a strong grasp on best practices around campaign reporting within an RTB context.
This role requires strategic thinking, ingenuity, and innovation into how DoubleVerify can position itself as a market leader in the programmatic space, and requires close attention to detail. Communication and leadership skills are critically important, as the position interfaces heavily at all levels within the org and externally with DV’s partner clients. This is a hands-on product manager who will be part of a cross-functional team, owning all aspects of the Programmatic reporting product set: requirements gathering and implementation of new reporting features based on client requests and roadmap projects, technical troubleshooting, leading infrastructural and automation improvements and working closely with the Engineering team and external vendors to plan and deliver products on time and within scope.
What you will do:
- Own the vision and development of all client-facing reporting tools and interfaces to support DV’s rapidly-growing programmatic business
- Work hand-in-hand with the Pinnacle and Programmatic product/engineering teams and external platform vendors in an agile framework, to develop & release market-leading pre-bid ad quality solutions
- Work closely with the Engineering team to analyze, define and prioritize areas of improvement for system stability and scale, including automation of processes
- Work with cross-functional teams to lead efforts internally and externally to incorporate new and maintain existing platform integrations in DV programmatic reporting
- Own internal and external communication around programmatic reporting both with external parties and internally with Client Account teams
- Lead QA efforts with development teams as needed to ensure accurate reporting metrics and timely product delivery
- Work with Tech Writer to develop and maintain product documentation for internal and external users
- Lead troubleshooting efforts for any product and customer issues as needed
- Deconstruct the Programmatic Reporting vision into epics and user stories necessary for development
- Collect customer feedback (both internal and external) using both qualitative and quantitative methods, to better understand and anticipate the needs of DV’s programmatic clients
- Run competitive analyses, analyze industry trends to understand areas of DV opportunity / differentiation
- 4-8 years of Product Management experience in the advertising technology or online media industry
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level of education and/or commensurate experience. B.S. in technical or quantitative field strongly preferred
- Exceptional understanding of current online advertising technologies and business concepts
- Ability to reason about and define calculations of complex business level metrics
- Proficiency with determining feature behavior and systems troubleshooting through data analysis
- Deep understanding of the programmatic space and major player (networks, DSPs, ATDs, SSPs, exchanges)
- Experience building and/or maintaining a reporting platform in a product capacity (programmatic reporting is a plus)
- Superb analytical skills and ability to extract actionable insights from raw data
- Proven ability to balance multiple competing priorities and make judgement calls based on objective information when possible
- Excellent communication skills; ability to clearly and accurately translate complex client needs of technical issues to less technical audience
- Highly organized with a rigorous attention to detail, a drive for excellence, and a positive “can-do” approach
- Experience working with JIRA or similar project tracking software
- Experience with agile development methodologies
This position is full-time and based in NYC.