Senior Product Manager - Payments & Subscriptions at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for someone to accelerate revenue growth. We believe the next generation of independent business will compete by building outstanding brands and connecting directly with their customers — and we believe anybody on earth can do this. Our suite of tools support customers as they grow their ideas from concepts to established businesses.
As a PM for Payments & Subscriptions, you will be the product leader responsible for bringing Squarespace to a global audience. The majority of Squarespace’s revenue comes from users purchasing a website subscription themselves, and the Payments team plays a meaningful role in the global expansion of the Squarespace community by helping customers use a payment method of their choice. As a PM on the Payments team, you will create the roadmap on how Squarespace evolves its payments platforms, across all products. You will work with different teams across Squarespace to increase revenue.
The Subscriptions team manages the backbone of how our millions of customers pay for and manage their Squarespace products. The team builds and maintains our billing infrastructure, working with both custom in-house solutions and third-party platforms to support existing products and new lines of business. The team’s projects are important to building operational excellence as Squarespace scales, unlocking the success of our colleagues and our customers.
You are excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, you have combination of deep product design sense, technical knowledge and the desire to iterate to build outstanding products.
- You’ll collaborate with engineering and design teams to build, experiment with, and improve new, impactful platform capabilities that increase revenue
- You’ll work with external partners to provide premier payments products to Squarespace’s customers
- You will create a user experience to give a payment interface for our users that is easy to use and delightful
- You will define, prioritize, and communicate all of our product goals for the area you work in
- You will develop an understanding of customers by conducting research, data analysis, customer interviews, and usability testing
- You will identify and track essential qualitative and quantitative metrics for evaluating the impact of the products you lead, and for informing future investment decisions
- Work collaboratively to ensure consistency across all Squarespace products
- 6+ years of experience in product management, in companies building technology for small businesses, or related field
- Experience in crafting and helping build scalable platforms
- Keen product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with a desire to discover and fulfill the needs of internal and external users
- Experience executing technical projects with cross-team requirements
- Technical background and experience in SaaS subscriptions and/or payments preferred
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 850 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.