Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. There are options for working from home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Veeva Data Cloud Platform team, you will help own and design the execution of a multi-faceted data pipeline for our suite of products. This pipeline involves ingesting data from a wide range of disparate data sources and delivering standardized, high-quality data for our customers. You will be part of building a brand-new cutting-edge product from start to finish!
You are passionate about big data and are comfortable working with complex data pipelines across cross-functional teams – including development and data scientist teams. You will help design the future of the product by owning the prioritization and execution of various components of the data pipeline – including designing detailed product specifications to bring your features to life.
What You’ll Do
- Own, design, and execute data-focused product features from idea to execution – including defining and detailing specific use-cases across a multi-functional team.
- Aid in establishing a robust data quality framework that can be leveraged and analyzed by multiple teams across different functional requirements.
- Help establish detailed data governance and change control processes to help organize and communicate complex data changes to both internal and external customers.
- Create design specifications that clearly outline specific requirements and corresponding outcomes of various data pipeline features.
- Support release and sprint planning to ensure that specific product features are rolled out to customers in an intelligent sequence and cadence.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams – including Data Scientists, Data Engineering, UX/UI, QA, and Product teams to understand product impacts and requirements.
- 6+ years of hands-on Product Management experience, technical services, engineering, analytics, or other related positions.
- Experience working on scalable big data pipelines, such as designing ETL/ELT processes, schemas, and data governance processes.
- Experience working with multiple disparate data sources which may have differences in data format and delivery.
- Understand how to build detailed feature specifications for complex data solutions for various target audiences (technical and non-technical).
- Understand how relational databases and cloud-based architectures (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) work, and experience designing transformations, mappings, and working with external reference tables.
- Comfortable with SQL.
- Comfortable with understanding data scientist terminology and big data concepts.
- Experience in defining data quality checks and controls in order to ensure the accuracy of the product.
- Experience investigating data issues and working with Data Scientists as needed for complex analysis.
- Energized by working through complex problems and bringing innovation to products.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related technical field.
Nice to Have
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry, SaaS and/or enterprise products, and/or with Veeva CRM.
- Experience with cloud-based architecture products and understanding the use-case and limitations of each.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau or Spotfire.
- Former Data Analytics, Data Science or Data Engineer role transitioned to Product Manager.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.