Senior Product Manager - Software
Senior Product Manager, Software
Thanks for considering a career at MakerBot. Over the last five years, MakerBot has defined a new industry: desktop 3D printing. Now we’re on a mission to bring 3D printing and scanning to everyone.
MakerBot is looking for a detail-oriented Senior Product Manager to join our software team located in Brooklyn, NY. This role will work closely with product leadership to develop and iterate on a wide-variety of MakerBot digital products. The Senior Product Manager will also collaborate with engineering, design, and other teams execute on high-level goals and validate product success.
What is a product manager?
- Evaluate existing customer pain points and work with teams on hypothesis-driven feature development through qualitative and quantitative research
- Use both lean and agile methodologies to launch and manage products in conjunction with engineers, designers, product marketing and other colleagues
- Own the launch and success criteria of features developed
- Develop detailed road maps considering input from across the company
- Clearly communicate project status to a variety of audiences, thoughtfully and genuinely incorporating feedback
- Analyze the impact of new features post-launch and uncover new opportunities
- Plan and coordinate work with other MakerBot teams as well as 3rd party vendors
Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and shipping products
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who takes ownership over his/her work
- Leadership skills and enjoyment of collaborative teamwork
- Strategic, data-driven mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to see the big picture while maintaining close attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released a new product on January 4, 2016 - the Smart Extruder+. Read about it here: http://3dprint.com/113536/makerbot-smart-extruderplus/
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments are a must at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is leading the Next Industrial Revolution by setting the standards in reliable and affordable desktop 3D printing. Founded in 2009, MakerBot sells desktop 3D printers to innovative and industry-leading customers worldwide, including engineers, architects, designers, educators and consumers. MakerBot has one of the largest installed bases and market shares in the desktop 3D printing industry, with more than 90,000 MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers in the world. The robust MakerBot 3D Ecosystem makes 3D printing easy and accessible for everyone. To learn more about MakerBot, visit makerbot.com.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.