Senior Product Manager
As Splendid Spoon’s Senior Product Manager, you will collaborate with the CEO and senior management to better serve our customer needs, optimize digital product-market fit, and scale our business efficiently.
You will be the first true Digital Product hire at Splendid, and will own product features from conception to launch. You will excel at cross-functional collaboration and work with leadership, marketing, design, engineering, and customer experience to deliver value to users through product and feature launches. You will flow between high-level strategic planning and day-to-day project execution. You will set and achieve ambitious goals on growth, retention, engagement, and satisfaction, and be instrumental in helping the company achieve success.
The Skill Set:
- 2+ years of product management experience at a D2C business
- Demonstrated ability to work with company leadership and executives to define the product and portfolio strategy
- Experience working with engineering and design teams end-to-end to deliver the right features—with the right scope—on time
- Experience with agile SCRUM software development practices
- You’ve shipped successful products across web and mobile
- You have experience in a KPI-driven environment and have set and successfully executed upon goals
- You enjoy extracting user feedback for continual product development through qualitative and quantitative analysis
- You have a deep understanding and empathy for users
- You have experience with A/B and multivariate testing (and can interpret results)
Learning: within 3 months you'll...
- Train and be onboarded into current Digital Product team, processes, and tech stack
- Deep dive on Splendid digital UX, including a full-funnel analysis, and create roadmap of opportunities for improvement to be reviewed by senior management
- Meet with development to get to know Splendid’s technology stack and how it allows us to build great digital product
- Have directed one-on-ones with members of other teams to understand how each team at Splendid contributes to the overall success
- Collaborate with development team to take multiple feature to market
Doing: within 6 months you'll...
- Launch a product feature from start to end as the primary owner. You will work with management, development, design, marketing, and customer experience to design, build, and launch.
- Draft internal documentation on the launch strategy for a new feature in collaboration with stakeholders
- Report on the outcomes of your product launches. You will discuss how well goals and hypotheses were met, and what learnings to use in the next launch
- Review analytics, insights, and customer data tools on market to improve Splendid customer knowledge, customer service, and acquisition efficiency
Mastering: 12 months you'll…
- Establish, track, and report progress on product metrics and KPIs for leadership and the entire company
- Contribute deep product knowledge and insight during product roadmap and strategy discussions
- Make critical product decisions that optimize for Splendid’s best interests against the concerns of multiple stakeholders.
- Own and drive a major, complex cross-functional product effort. You will enforce the correct scope, flag risks, and coordinate stakeholders.
- Perform a metric-based analysis on a product area to understand how widely it is used, by what types of users, and if there are issues in the user flow. You will use this to inform product design and roadmap decisions.
- Be able to advocate/defend the product team’s views of what is right with professionalism, maturity, and a balanced, holistic view of any competing viewpoints
- Educate, mentor, and train team members across the entire company on product methodology and philosophy