Senior Product Manager
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
The Consumer Product team at Rent the Runway is changing the way women get dressed every day. We are building a personalized closet in the cloud for each of our members, and inspiring members to tell their stories and discover more about themselves through our burgeoning community.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for a Senior Product Manager to build on online community for our members. The ideal candidate will be both empathetic and analytical. You can picture the long-term vision for the ultimate community-driven shopping experience and then work backwards to create the set of experiments and smaller releases that will get us there. You have a deep customer obsession and love solving complex problems.
What You'll Do:
- In this role, you will be charged with infusing community interaction across the Rent the Runway membership experience. From conversations to content creation, reactions to reviews, friends and followers - you’ll be designing and building our community from the ground up
- Translate high-level business goals into an actionable, data-driven roadmap.
- Create product requirements that bring clarity, focus and prioritization to complex problems.
- Break projects into attainable milestones and lead cross-functional teams to achieve those milestones.
- Define metrics of success and failure and make sure the team are clear on objectives.
- Build in a data-driven way. Use data to build products; test products to get more data.
- You are analytical. You can break complex problems down to their constituent parts.
- You are empathetic. You can imagine how different members might experience a feature.
- You get it done. You have an ability to make things happen around you.
- You are passionate about creating products that foster online community and social behavior.
- You love to launch experiments. You can build larger learnings through principled A/B testing.
- You communicate well. From engineers to executives, you know how talk AND how to listen.
- You’re technical enough. You understand what it takes to build and maintain scaled applications and you are comfortable facilitating and participating in the architectural and technical decisions.
- You love our members. You are obsessed with delighting consumers in new ways and you are comfortable and energized by uncharted problems.
- You are unflappable. You are flexible and able to adjust and change direction as the business environment and technology universe evolves and changes.
- You thrive in change. You are entrepreneurial in spirit with a passion for disruption.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field
- 4-6 years product management experience including experience building social products (required)
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.