Senior Product Manager at Tailwind
Tailwind is a 60+ person tech company that's growing quickly — even now. Our visual marketing software is loved by 500,000+ brands, small businesses, and influencers who use it to take their marketing efforts to new heights on Instagram and Pinterest.
We have a big mission: Make world-class marketing easy for everyone. And we’re looking for an experienced software Product Manager to help us achieve it even faster and turn our vision into reality.
What you'll love about this role
- We’re nimble and fast-moving, without corporate red tape, approval layers, or politics
- You’d be impacting the lives of small business owners — helping them to pursue their dreams and thrive financially using our platform
- We’re radically collaborative, free of silos, and PMs work in partnership with team members from across the company
- You’ll have the freedom to truly focus on customers in an environment where user research and data-driven decisions are valued
- You’d be working directly with our small, yet established product team including seasoned Product Managers, an incredibly talented Product Designer team, a UX Researcher — alongside an exceptional team of product-centered in-house engineers
What we’re looking for in a Product Manager
Based in New York City or Oklahoma City, we’re looking for an experienced leader who’s able to help to shape and drive the roadmap across a growing product suite through a user-centered philosophy, constant experimentation, measuring everything, and innovation. Skills needed include:
- Experience: You have at least three years of professional product management experience in software
- Empathy: You’re obsessed with customers — figuring out how they think, understanding their problems, and predicting how changes will make them feel
- Scaling experience: You’ve scaled products to serve thousands or millions of people
- Inspiration: You paint pictures of the future that excite team members and customers alike
- Customer delight: You’re enthusiastic about building products that people love and make a meaningful difference in their lives, while being able to articulately explain what makes certain experiences incredible
- Intuition: You have a knack for blending data and experience to uncover what customers truly need and conceptualize novel solutions, even in the presence of major ambiguity
- Data focus: Your analytical skills are strong, so when there are data gaps, you’re comfortable designing research programs and talking with customers to inform decisions
- Natural leadership: You’re able to earn the respect of world-class engineers and designers through influence, not direct authority
- Technical acumen: You understand technical concepts, and are able to work closely with engineers to consider their implications when making decisions
Bonus points for
Small business expertise: Bringing products to market that specifically focus on serving small to mid-sized businesses
- Domain knowledge: You have strong opinions — well informed, but loosely held — on digital marketing, social media, and developer tools
- Engineering skill set: hobbyist programming experience, a degree in CS, or a background as a software developer
- Related expertise: Experience managing MarTech, ecommerce, or AdTech products
- Team leadership: Mentoring, training and/or hiring product team members
Note: Please don’t talk yourself out of applying if you don’t “check all the boxes.” We support each other’s growth and celebrate our differences at Tailwind. If you’re passionate about world-class product marketing, please apply. We’d love to hear from you.
More about us
- We are all owners (literally): We take responsibility, don’t pass blame, and don’t rest until the problem is solved
- We're growing quickly – roughly doubling year on year – and we're profitable along with being funded
- We set audacious goals and tackle challenges daily, which leaves no room for ego or a sense of entitlement
- We’re radically transparent: Sharing new ideas and plans, giving feedback, and making everyone feel welcome in every conversation
- We believe our industry’s lack of diversity hurts us all and work hard to foster a company culture that’s inclusive and appreciative of everyone’s talent, authenticity, and ideas — regardless of our differences
Learn more about life at Tailwind: https://www.tailwindapp.com/careers.
Glassdoor reviews: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Tailwind-Reviews-E771559.htm
We have implemented a uniquely transparent compensation model based on our culture and values. You can learn more about our Tailwind Open Compensation System here: www.tailwindapp.com/about/open-compensation.
While applying, we'll ask you for your target compensation level; we use this question strictly to screen out candidates who are not feasible hires based on our compensation system. It will not / does not impact what we offer any candidate.