Senior Product Marketing Manager at Slice
What is Slice?
Slice is the only technology and marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, and marketing to compete with big chains and grow their business. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
What you'll do:
We are looking for an energetic and entrepreneurial Senior Manager to join our recently created Product Marketing team. Within this role, you’ll work at the intersection of Product Development, Marketing, and Sales, to lead product launches, implement our go-to-market strategy, and drive retention across our dual-sided marketplace. This is a highly visible role that will drive critical strategic product and marketing decisions for the company.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Representing the voice of our customers, and working cross-functionally with engineering, design, product management and analytics on research, development and product prototyping to ensure we are building the right products for our users. Be a key contributor to any product roadmap discussion and decisions.
- Owning all internal and external communication of any new product features and launches as well as the associated go-to-market strategy, including pricing decisions, messaging, customer segmentation, program rules, and metrics to measure success.
- Work closely with the Operations and Marketing teams to understand key metrics like Marketplace churn, time to implementation and funnel conversion rates, and identify ways to improve user experience.
- Supporting the field organization by leading the creation of effective marketing collateral, including solution overviews, customer communications, and case studies/success stories.
- Defining clear, measurable product marketing goals and tracking against them
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of marketing, product marketing, and/or consulting experience preferably at a B2B or B2B2C SaaS or platform business.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret data, perform qualitative research and distill findings into actionable takeaways
- Ability to work seamlessly across the organization, experience leading projects and influencing cross-functional team members
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment. Comfortable with a fast-paced culture where priorities and projects change rapidly.
- Passionate about Slice’s mission and excited about building a thriving community of local pizzerias
- Excellent at articulating value propositions, developing compelling messaging and communicating complex ideas in a simple, user-friendly way.
- Can lead strategic conversations with senior leaders, but also roll up your sleeves and drive ground-level efforts whenever necessary.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited institution; MBA degree preferred but not required.
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 and has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder and CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends and family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their craft to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, and investors — all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza while helping local shops succeed.
Our Pizza Philosophy
Slice is on a journey to be the most valuable pizza brand on the planet. We connect makers and eaters to enrich their lives through the power of specialization and pizza expertise. Backed by generations of knowledge and cutting-edge technology, we give makers the platform and voice to take charge of their industry, expand their coverage, and fill the world with authentic cuisine.
When passionate makers turn their craft into their livelihood, we all live happier, fuller lives. People stop accepting the homogenous, mass-produced pies of big chains and robotic trucks because the quality, variety, and authenticity of Slice is both hyper-convenient and known worldwide.
We believe pizza isn’t just food. It’s a slice of community, a slice of culture, a slice of life.
We’re growing our family every day — so, if you’ve got a passion for local, authentic pizza and the drive to help share it with the world, we’d love to have you on the team! Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.