Solutions Architect | Noodle Partners | NYC or Remote
About Noodle Partners
Ten years ago, the Noodle Partners team helped invent online education. Ten years is an eternity in a tech-driven field, so now we’re re-reinventing how higher ed happens online. Measured against traditional Online Program Managers (OPMs), Noodle Partners brings programs online less expensively, with greater agility and in better alignment with universities’ goals.
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 30% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched every semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach. Noodle Partners helps them reimagine what online learning can be.
About the Solutions Architect Role
The Solutions Architect leads the delivery of the NoodleStack, a suite of best-in-class technologies and services, to our university partners. This role is the primary liaison with university IT leadership and also works directly with stakeholders from university marketing, admissions, faculty, and student affairs. The Solutions Architect builds trust and confidence in the NoodleStack across the university stakeholders by leading the technical implementation and by preparing the university to embrace online teaching and learning. This is done by constructing a learning environment with NoodleStack tools that matches the needs of the online program and ensuring that Noodle teammates working on course design can fully leverage the NoodleStack to create engaging, personal, intuitive, interactive, and collaborative experiences for students and instructors. The role reports to the VP of Solutions Architecture while closely coordinating priorities with the General Manager for a given university partner.
You are effective at building relationships with university stakeholders. You are an active listener that can synthesize what you hear from stakeholders and map it to a framework. You enjoy walking into messy situations and discerning organizational structures and ways to effectively make change. You have an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach. You stay positive and constructive in the face of resistance.
You easily master and advocate for technologies. You are very comfortable facilitating discussions that combine technical processes with practical applications. You are thoughtful about what makes a delightful experience for students and instructors. You can explain data integrations and system configurations in different ways depending on the audience.
You execute projects effectively. You are able to design a timeline, secure commitments from contributors, and ensure follow through. Teammates intuitively trust your ability to deliver on commitments. You love learning and are passionate about expanding access to quality higher education.
- Lead the university IT team through implementation of the NoodleStack by communicating the vision, setting key implementation milestones, and developing a collaborative relationship
- Be the champion for each university’s implementation of the NoodleStack to both university stakeholders and to colleagues internally, continually looking for ways the NoodleStack can improve to meet your universities’ needs
- Make student and instructor experience in the learning technologies of the NoodleStack a primary focus, ensuring tools meet needs and that students and instructors will be delighted when teaching and learning online
- Secure the necessary data connections from the University CRM, SIS, LMS with accompanying documentation of relevant business logic
- Set up our Support Desk with each university partner by determining the escalation cases and methods to ensure smooth transfer of tickets between Noodle Support Desk and university IT
- Manage access to university systems for Noodle colleagues and provider partners
- Act as project lead by guiding the work of internal and university teams while ensuring responsiveness to program needs
- Identify best practices of our university implementations, ensuring excellence is consistent and design is replicable
- B.S./B.A. required
- 5+ years of project management or related experience
- 3+ years of software implementation or customer success expertise
- Passion for education and creating compelling online learning experiences
- Strong aesthetic for beautiful learning environments
- Familiarity with a wide array of learning-related technologies, in particular Learning Management Systems, and an eye for user experience
- Technical nimbleness, an action-oriented outlook, and forward thinking mindset
- An ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders at universities and providers across their administrative and technical units
- Love of standardizing processes including testing, building, and documenting the necessary steps for deploying technologies, illustrating workflows, resolving escalated issues, and utilizing support tools
- Experience managing third-party technology partners and integrating systems
- A strong track record of hitting goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to train colleagues on best application of learning technologies to achieve program and course outcomes
- A can-do attitude ‒ this is a start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise
- Proven ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously with associated deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and build relationships with internal and external organizations