Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Help us reinvent a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to purchase a home and build wealth rather than rent for life!
As a Sr. Manager on the Internal Efficiency Product team, you will play a pivotal role in driving that innovation. You will work closely with outstanding engineers, designers, data scientists and executives throughout the company to build products allowing Better to scale rapidly.
We are building outstanding tools that allow our Ops & Sales teams to connect with customers like no other mortgage team in the world can. This position is pivotal to crafting a process in which our customers feel valued and in the know.
At Better, our proprietary tools and technology have allowed our sales staff to become some of the most productive loan officers in the country. This leader will define and own the long term vision and strategy for our CRM platform, one of the core moats of Better.com!
Responsibilities will include:
- Crafting a world class experience for borrowers, internal teams, and now, third party real estate agents. This new venture comes with sophisticated technical challenges and will require partnership with many product and engineering teams, as well as cross functional partner groups around our blitz scaling company.
- Bring your solutions to market through ownership of the full product development process: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation.
- Run multiple projects and contending priorities with consistency and transparency, while optimizing for which projects and components of the roadmap to go after first
- Recognize when Product processes need to be improved and take the lead on implementing innovative changes
- Mentor, and potentially lead, PMs working in similar product / problem areas
- Worked for 8-10+ years in a product management capacity at a technology driven organization
- Run a team of Product Managers or Business Analysts
- Provided top-quality written and in-person presentations to strategic and executive leaders. You can simplify the most complicated concepts for any audience
- Carry deep technical expertise and ability to understand data, integrations, and platforms. You can envision how systems work together on top of sophisticated platforms to serve multiple user groups.
- Have a history of successfully working with users in sales and operations, understanding their needs and crafting improvements to meet those needs
- Learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.