Sr. Product Manager, Data & Tools at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity
Help us hack a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager at Better, you will play a pivotal role in driving that innovation. Straddling the line between high-level strategy and hands-on execution, you are well versed in product and business strategy; capable of communicating deftly about technical topics; and passionate about the importance of solution design in elevating customer experiences.
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to work on our emerging Growth platform, the technology that underlies our ability to experiment rapidly and drive change to our customers where your work will impact both internal and external stakeholders. You will empower how quickly and easily our Growth team will be able to run experiments and all the systems that will make the team successful.
The Sr PM will conceptualize and build the platform to enable the Growth, Marketing, Paid Media, and Capital Markets teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development of our growth platform by defining the roadmap of your product area through deep research and understanding of business and technology goals
- Setting the vision and strategy for our platform products and services that serve both external and internal customers across different business verticals of Better
- Championing the definition and creation of key processes, tools, and infrastructure that enable our platform to scale
- Being able to go deep into both technical huddles with engineers and strategic discussions with executives
- Bringing your solutions to market through ownership of the full product development process: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation
- Managing competing priorities with consistency and transparency
- Successfully collaborating with partners throughout the company to ensure platform adoption and success
- You’ve worked for 6-8 years in a platform product management capacity at a technology-driven organization
- You’re an analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach
- You are an evangelist of how platforms can unlock business value and customer experiences through self serve APIs
- You value performance, reliability, latency and speed as a first class principle
- You have a history of listening to users, understanding their needs and creating improvements to meet those needs
- You learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers
- You can take deeply technical concepts and break them down in order to communicate with a wider audience
- You’re committed to collaboration and are able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value
- You have a proven track record of entering a new space and building expertise rapidly
- Your spidey sense enables you to read between the lines and extrapolate ideas which turn into solutions
- You are a systems thinker
- You are a firm believer in change
- Bonus: You have a background as a software engineer, or a solutions architect who has built platform products; or you have an academic background in Computer Science or Engineering
- Bonus: You have worked on complex experiment and profile management systems
- Bonus: You have experience working on a Growth team
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.