Technical Product Manager
Technical Product Manager
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
Are you passionate about internal tools? Enabling an entire organization to be more productive, agile and efficient is what drives you? Then this job might be for you!
We are building out an amazing Micro Services platform in Scala, which will help scale our business for the coming years. A main tenant of this platform is based on managing data, deriving useful information from it, and leveraging it to build better, smarter digital products for our members.
In addition, you'd be responsible for solving really complex problems that affect multiple teams at WW, for example:
- Orchestrating solutions for GDPR
- Creating consistent structures for all design elements
- Improving the localization workflow globally across Content, Engineering, Design and Product
- Overhauling how we roll out features to our members
- Solving for multiple identities in our system
- Working with a very talented group of engineers and representing the voice of the business taking their needs and defining the services to meet their needs
- Working with internal stakeholders (Business, Product, Architects) to develop technical user stories that define internal and external facing services
- Working with engineers in an agile environment to plan sprints and deliver functioning code to production on a continuous basis
- Prioritizing and managing the technical product backlog
- Developing a roadmap to enable stronger planning and help manage dependencies between different teams
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of service-oriented concepts such as Micro Services, Asynchronous Communication, Rest and Service Versioning, etc.
- Comfortable navigating front-end experiences (web, native mobile) as well as back-end stacks
- Experience writing user stories that define the services for a Micro Service, an API
- Ability to work closely with a Technical Architect to derive the features that are necessary to be built
- Ability to dig into the data yourself (SQL mostly)
- Experience grooming and prioritizing a product backlog
- Ability to understand and manage dependencies between teams
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Previous experience as an Engineer will be advantageous
- Strong communication skills
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.